Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash cheque

• 01-04-2017 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi
    I want to cash the cheque i received from the revenue .I was wondering if i can cash it at any BOI branch or do i need to go to the branch it was issued from ?
    P.S I dont have a BOI account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Good chance it'll be payee account only. Meaning you can't get cash for it from a branch.

It's also generally a rule that you have to go to the cheque issuers branch to have cash for the cheque if it's not account payee only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

crashadder wrote: »
    Hi
    I want to cash the cheque i received from the revenue .I was wondering if i can cash it at any BOI branch or do i need to go to the branch it was issued from ?
    So best option is to lodge it to your current account regardless of which Bank you have your account with - then when it clears you can withdraw the same amount of cash from your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

Hi
    So best option is to lodge it to your current account regardless of which Bank you have your account with - then when it clears you can withdraw the same amount of cash from your account
    can i do that from any BOI branch and lodge it to my PTSB account ?

You do that from any ptsb branch, not boi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi
    Good Afternoon crashadder, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

If the cheque is marked as 'A/c payee only' then this will need to be lodged to an account in the name of whom the cheque is made payable to. You can do this through your own bank and it will take 3 to 5 working days to clear. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement

Hi

If the cheque is marked as 'A/c payee only' then this will need to be lodged to an account in the name of whom the cheque is made payable to. You can do this through your own bank and it will take 3 to 5 working days to clear. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,
    If i understand you correctly. I can go to my bank and have this cheque lodged to my account . Is that correct ? or do i need to go to a BOI branch in any case ?

Hi

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,
    If i understand you correctly. I can go to my bank and have this cheque lodged to my account . Is that correct ? or do i need to go to a BOI branch in any case ?
    Good Afternoon, 

You've mentioned above that you bank with PTSB so the cheque must be lodged with them directly. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hi
    You should input your bank account details into revenue.ie, get the money paid directly to your a/c, no hassle with cheques then.

Hi
    You should input your bank account details into revenue.ie, get the money paid directly to your a/c, no hassle with cheques then.
    I already did that but i guess it is too late for that now as i have the cheque. 

Hi

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,
    Good Afternoon, 

You've mentioned above that you bank with PTSB so the cheque must be lodged with them directly. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine  
    The cheque is from BOI and it is marked as PAY [my name] . I want the amount to be lodged to my PTSB account. do i need to visit a BOI branch or can i just take it to a PTSB branch. 

• Advertisement

Jesus you've been told 3 times.

Go to your ptsb branch.

Hi

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,
    Good Afternoon, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine  
    The cheque is from BOI and it is marked as PAY [my name] . I want the amount to be lodged to my PTSB account. do i need to visit a BOI branch or can i just take it to a PTSB branch. 
    Good Morning crashadder, 

You will need to bring the cheque to your own bank to lodge this. It is not necessary to visit a Bank of Ireland branch. 

I hope this helps clarify the process for you. 

Elaine 

Advertisement