Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy equestrian stuff

• 01-04-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if you had any websites for me to buy equestrian stuff especially pants and so on ?

I check online but i dont know why everything I can find is extremely expensive its like half price in France (where I come from :p)

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

SportsDirect, Equestrian.com, Equine Warehouse can be cheap at times, Decathlon isn't bad, and any places on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

barry1708 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if you had any websites for me to buy equestrian stuff especially pants and so on ?

I check online but i dont know why everything I can find is extremely expensive its like half price in France (where I come from :p)

Bienvenu en Irlande!! you have a few good options, not only on-line (try UK websites, £ is in our favour and it is usually cheaper and high quality) - where are you based in Ireland? If you were around Tralee in Kerry I would suggest the coop in Clash estate, they have good products and good prices - you migt have a good one selling equestrian products in your area.

This being said, being French I have often thought of buying stuff in France, but Decathlon's quality is not that great, and Padd is as expensive as any of our saddleries here..

isaos wrote:
    This being said, being French I have often thought of buying stuff in France, but Decathlon's quality is not that great, and Padd is as expensive as any of our saddleries here..

Really? I've had 3 pairs of Decathlon jods and two lasted 4 years of fairly heavy wear and one I recently got. That's wearing them several times a week. They wore through the seats so I could probably use one to patch the other is needs be and get another while out of them.

But then, I have a pair of Tally Ho jods that I got after my first month or two of riding lessons a good 12 or so years ago and I still use them regularly. The only damage to them is a small hole in the knee that I've stitched and I got that a few weeks ago when I had an ungraceful dismount on the road.

But there was a fair bit paid for the Tally Ho jods, and the Decathlon jods were about €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭barry1708

Hey guys thanks a lot for your reply .
    I'll get almost everything from my old stuff back from France my partner parents are coming over in 3 weeks and will bring my stuffs back.

I was wondering regarding boarding process and stuff the closest equestrian center from my home is Kilguilkey house .

I was wondering if someone here has her own horse in boarding in this equestrian center ?

If yes could you tell me more about the price regarding the boarding etc ?

I have for project to buy myself a new horse here in Ireland as I owned one for many years in France

Don't hesitate to let me know :)

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Hi OP

Try Equipet in Ashbourne, Meath. They have a nice selection of clothing and equipment. I found the service very helpful and there was a wide selection at different prices. They also tend to have reduced items.

Another plus with them is that you can order online (more items on sale online than in store) and they allow you to return to the store if it's not a perfect fit.

They are also in Coolock in Dublin, but I haven't been to that branch so I am not sure on what their service or stock is like.

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    Really? I've had 3 pairs of Decathlon jods and two lasted 4 years of fairly heavy wear and one I recently got. That's wearing them several times a week. They wore through the seats so I could probably use one to patch the other is needs be and get another while out of them.

But then, I have a pair of Tally Ho jods that I got after my first month or two of riding lessons a good 12 or so years ago and I still use them regularly. The only damage to them is a small hole in the knee that I've stitched and I got that a few weeks ago when I had an ungraceful dismount on the road.

But there was a fair bit paid for the Tally Ho jods, and the Decathlon jods were about €8.

Sorry my mistake, I was actually talking about tack, not clothes... I should have read your post better!! yes Decathlon have a great selection of jods! :o

isaos wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake, I was actually talking about tack, not clothes... I should have read your post better!! yes Decathlon have a great selection of jods! :o

Oh okay, I was thinking then that maybe I was just lucky :P never tried their tack, but they have some interesting trail stuff so it's a pity to hear they're not great. Maybe someone of quality will pick up the ideas... without being super expensive about it.

Hi guys,

Hi guys thanks for all your answers , I would like to buy myself a new horse let's say next year but my partner thinks it might take me too much time every evening and that we couldn't go on holidays anymore because he knows the horse needs to be taking care of every day.
    So to all horse owners how do you manage to go on hollidays and leave your horse away ?
    Thanks

barry1708 wrote:
    Hi guys thanks for all your answers , I would like to buy myself a new horse let's say next year but my partner thinks it might take me too much time every evening and that we couldn't go on holidays anymore because he knows the horse needs to be taking care of every day. So to all horse owners how do you manage to go on hollidays and leave your horse away ? Thanks

Are there any livery yards in your area?

sup_dude wrote: »
    Are there any livery yards in your area?

Hi , just a couple of equestrian centers but one told me they were not teaching and the other one is more specialized with kids.

• Advertisement

:D
    Hi guys thanks for all your answers , I would like to buy myself a new horse let's say next year but my partner thinks it might take me too much time every evening and that we couldn't go on holidays anymore because he knows the horse needs to be taking care of every day.
    So to all horse owners how do you manage to go on hollidays and leave your horse away ?
    Thanks

:pac::pac: yes, this is indeed some kind of a problem.... You will need a horse sitter (if you have dogs and cats and horses, this is the way to go...) But ideally to avoid any headake you might have a livery somewhere not too far where you could drop the horse(s) when going on holidays.. Either way, it will cost you something!

Hi , just a couple of equestrian centers but one told me they were not teaching and the other one is more specialized with kids.

With a livery yard or equestrian centres that offer livery, you aren't looking to be taught. It's just somewhere to put your horse if you are away (or on a full time basis).

But as Isaos points out, it will cost money.

Advertisement