Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual element on alarm

Options
  • 01-04-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We have now alarm in our house. I note from looking around our estate however that many of our neighbours have alarms whereby there is an led/light that runs on a continuous basis. I worry our house may be more susceptible to burglary as it does not have this visual element to it. Am I being silly? Also I wonder if I to easy to modify an alarm to incorporate such.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are looking for something with a higher profile I'd recommend the Pyronix Delta bell.

7627079a985dcf2d629316728920da7a.image.186x200.jpg

These are a global wired bell that will work on most systems.
    How new is the alarm? Maybe your installer would replace for one of these FOC. We use them as standard everywhere wired bell is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerard 180

Do you think that the light acts as a significant additional deterrent?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Absolutely. There is no doubt that it's a working bell.

Advertisement