Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

• 01-04-2017 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

My man Tomas @ Autogefuegel has a nice detailed 1 hour long review of the 2017-18 e-Golf. How much of this car hits the Irish market is unknown but it shows a complete car and not the Paddy spec we get here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fiskar wrote: »
    My man Tomas @ Autogefuegel has a nice detailed 1 hour long review of the 2017-18 e-Golf. How much of this car hits the Irish market is unknown but it shows a complete car and not the Paddy spec we get here!

I tried VW Athlone to see if I could buy a new one. I had bought Audi from Audi Athlone. They would only sell the GTE version of Golf.

I asked Joe Duffy VW. Still waiting for a price....unless it improves a lot I cant see people buying it because the garages wont sell it

It's a pity because they are a beautiful car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

I read somewhere that Toyota originally sold the Prius at a loss for several years until they built up it's market share .. perhaps that's what Volkswagen needs to do also .. but that won't happen not now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Saw a 171 GTE charging out in CIT in Cork this morning.

Beautiful looking machine. The price would make me cry a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I tried VW Athlone to see if I could buy a new one. I had bought Audi from Audi Athlone. They would only sell the GTE version of Golf.

I asked Joe Duffy VW. Still waiting for a price....unless it improves a lot I cant see people buying it because the garages wont sell it

It's a pity because they are a beautiful car

Frank Keane was the sole dealer looking after the first e-golf so I would try them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Soarer wrote: »
    Saw a 171 GTE charging out in CIT in Cork this morning.

Beautiful looking machine. The price would make me cry a little.
    I was out there at 6.30pm and it was still charging...not saying it was there all day of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

discostu1 wrote: »
    I was out there at 6.30pm and it was still charging...not saying it was there all day of course :D

Did I read that they have dropped over £3k from the price in the UK on the mk7.5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If he was on a wet road he's have crashed it. He loves the large movement of the steering wheel at nippy speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

650Ginge wrote: »
    Did I read that they have dropped over £3k from the price in the UK on the mk7.5?

Car Magazine indicating it is 3,420STG lower than outgoing model.

Advertisement