Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out of WiFi Contract that has no service

Options
  • 01-04-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Got rural WiFi back in October 2016. We live in a really rural area so we hadn't much choice. The signal for the first month and a half were really good but then it began dropping. By the end of December it was very bad, today my speed test gave me a 0.37 download speed and couldn't even produce an upload speed. We went through all the trouble shooting manoeuvres to no avail.

Unfortunately our 'month free trial' period was well over when things became bad and we were in an 18 month contract.

We have tried and tried to contact rural WiFi about this. The phone rings out, the emails go unanswered. I'm at my wits end. I pay 65/month for this - this being nothing as I am constantly tethered to my mobile phone instead of battling this.

Am I obligated to stay paying for this non-service when I cant even get in contact with anyone to discuss my options?

Thanks for any advice you may have

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

claireeney wrote: »
    Got rural WiFi back in October 2016. We live in a really rural area so we hadn't much choice. The signal for the first month and a half were really good but then it began dropping. By the end of December it was very bad, today my speed test gave me a 0.37 download speed and couldn't even produce an upload speed. We went through all the trouble shooting manoeuvres to no avail.

Unfortunately our 'month free trial' period was well over when things became bad and we were in an 18 month contract.

We have tried and tried to contact rural WiFi about this. The phone rings out, the emails go unanswered. I'm at my wits end. I pay 65/month for this - this being nothing as I am constantly tethered to my mobile phone instead of battling this.

Am I obligated to stay paying for this non-service when I cant even get in contact with anyone to discuss my options?

Thanks for any advice you may have

The standard advice given to people in situations like yours is to detail your issues in writing to the contractor and inform them that you are giving them a certain amount of time to resolve the situation or you will regard the contract as terminated. By doing this you will appear to any third party that you acted reasonably towards the company.

It might also be wise to ask for Comreg's advice particularly as you have been unable to contact the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

These guys are the same company, try their number.
    http://fleetconnect.ie/

Advertisement