Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement mower engine

Options
  • 01-04-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi
    i have a castlegarden ride on mower with a 13.5 briggs and stratton engine, engine is on the way out( the governor seems to have skipped a tooth as it keeps revving out) . i use it for mulching so was thinking of fitting a 15.5 or a 17.5. is there much of a job to fit one of these engines? ive seen a 17.5 briggs with intek wrote on the cover will that fit?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

First of all you need to identify which direction the drive shaft is in, e.g. my Snapper ride-on originally would have had a Kohler engine which had a vertical drive shaft, which someone before me replaced with a Honda GVX340 (I think).
    You'll need to find an engine which has similar dimensions to your existing one so that in can be bolted to the existing mountings in a way that the drive-shaft will lie in exactly the same location. If you can find drawing online of your existing engine then search for something of similar dimensions.

Advertisement