Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor tone at the top at boards.ie with agreesive mods

Options
  • 02-04-2017 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Seriously lads.... mods are allowed to have a poor tone and accuse me of calling them c&nts and you close the thread rather than addressing the issue.... this is an example of poor tone and mod issues all the way from the top at Boards.ie to the bottom...

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057724640/6/#post103096803

Discuss
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That thread was rightly closed. The OP was addressed & the taken over by other posters going off-topic.

Where were you accused of calling mods "cunts"? Am happy to look into that for you.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

That thread was rightly closed. The OP was addressed & the taken over by other posters going off-topic.

Where were you accused of calling mods "cunts"? Am happy to look into that for you.

tHB

In my opinion you have bigger issues here with tone from volunteers... again I am opening myself up to attack here, but in a volunteer role I have, we address this at a governance level... we accept that some people may not express all feedback in the way we want, but we listen and we don't accuse people of saying things they never said etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ok, I looked at the "cunts" thing & that's a total non-issue from my POV.

As for the fact that you are upset with the tone of our volunteer moderators & admins... Your own tone is recent Feedback, Help Desk & DRP threads does not cover you in glory. I'm not saying that one is a result of the other, but as most adults know - if you treat people with manners & respect, they will generally treat you the same.

tHB

Right... message received - you deflected from the larger issue and I'm not in the mood to play such sad games... like many others I've had enough of this and will be closing my account.

Can you let me know the process for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

The feedback forum isn't for actual feedback. It's for the live in trolls to act like dicks to anyone who has an issue. It's entertainment it's not for genuine feedback.

For site development issues post in site development. They'll either care or not. Either way they won't respond but it's as far as you can go to highlight a site issue or potential bug.

For moderation issues just forget about them because you don't get anywhere even if you have a genuine grievance. You're better off saving yourself the time and hassle tbh.

All you'll get here is more abuse and the thread locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Right... message received - you deflected from the larger issue and I'm not in the mood to play such sad games... like many others I've had enough of this and will be closing my account.

Can you let me know the process for this?

It's last option on your control panel when you're in full site mode (rather than mobile).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The feedback forum isn't for actual feedback. It's for the live in trolls to act like dicks to anyone who has an issue. It's entertainment it's not for genuine feedback.

For site development issues post in site development. They'll either care or not. Either way they won't respond but it's as far as you can go to highlight a site issue or potential bug.

For moderation issues just forget about them because you don't get anywhere even if you have a genuine grievance. You're better off saving yourself the time and hassle tbh.

All you'll get here is more abuse and the thread locked.

Thanks... I'm realising that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as the OP has closed their account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement