Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike riding

• 02-04-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

HI all I'm new to biking would luv to meet new people for ride outs and build up my confidence and meet new people I'm still on my (Ls)I live in co meath thank claire ....AS I'm a learner id like to meet people of similar level

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My advice would be to get out with more advanced people with patience if at all possible, you will learn a hell of alot really quickly. Most of the bikers I have ever met starting out had plenty of time and advice but you will also learn a hell of alot riding on your own with no pressures of others getting confidence and learning to adjust to traffic and your bike.

Might be no harm learning the 2-3 different test routes in Meath for your motorcycle test.....if you stuck for something to do some evening.

When I 1st started out I was out on my own constantly, until I met up with others.

Anything in particular you need help with m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 crv

Where exactly in Meath are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

As per Wonda's post, get out with some experienced riders and you'll learn much faster. That's when i learned the most. You'll also get to know some good bike routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bikemeath2017

Yep im trying to join a few grours to get out that's the plan thanks

Should be 2-3 of us out the weekend, I will send you a pm to see whats what closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks if u want to pm your number and I will give u mine if that's handier for u or I will talk 2 u nearer the time

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Always a few of us out when we can and Wonda pays for the ice cream too isn't that right?

The_Chap wrote: »
    Always a few of us out when we can and Wonda pays for the ice cream too isn't that right?

I hope u guys don't mind me tagging along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You may send me a PM or a text too while you're at it on Sunday.

Went out today with Wonda boy and wreck it Ralph for a spin as u know I'm new to biking couldn't speak highly enough of these to lads took there time and had great patience with me Wonda boy was on front and wreck it Ralph followed behind I really enjoyed the spin and they looked after me to the last and gave lots of tips and advise thank u so much guys hopefully u will want to come out again 😎😎😎😎😎

• Advertisement

The_Chap wrote: »

You really do give a fabulous rim job mate....well worth the ICE CREAM!!!!

:pac::pac:

Went out today with Wonda boy and wreck it Ralph for a spin as u know I'm new to biking couldn't speak highly enough of these to lads took there time and had great patience with me Wonda boy was on front and wreck it Ralph followed behind I really enjoyed the spin and they looked after me to the last and gave lots of tips and advise thank u so much guys hopefully u will want to come out again 😎😎😎😎😎

More then welcome, we were all learners once. I genuinely like to help in anyway I can new riders, I aint no expert by anymeans but there are loads of simple things that really make a difference to someone starting out. You never stop learning on bikes no matter how long you are riding, and its always nice to meet new people.

Best of luck with the bike......get out yourself for some practice and we meet up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You really do give a fabulous rim job mate....well worth the ICE CREAM!!!!

:pac::pac:

Ha touché :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 crv

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    More then welcome, we were all learners once. Best of luck with the bike......get out yourself for some practice and we meet up again soon.

I am a learner too, I would love to join, let me know when you have another ride out.

crv wrote: »
    I am a learner too, I would love to join, let me know when you have another ride out.

More then welcome to come out for a spin with us, its just a nice easy spin on some excellent roads and usually a brekkie.

DISCLAIMER*

NEW GUYS GET BREKKIE 1ST TIME OUT!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Yep im trying to join a few grours to get out that's the plan thanks

Hi Claire

Lady biker here also. I just got my permit. Would love to meet up with you to share experiences when I get a bike. I won't be doing the IBT course until June. PLease feel free to private message me.

Also Has anyone used the sportsbikeshop.co.uk. I want to get a helmet off it but need to know its a safe site.
    Thanks H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

kavanagh_h wrote: »
    Hi Claire

Lady biker here also. I just got my permit. Would love to meet up with you to share experiences when I get a bike. I won't be doing the IBT course until June. PLease feel free to private message me.

Also Has anyone used the sportsbikeshop.co.uk. I want to get a helmet off it but need to know its a safe site.
    Thanks H.

Hi,bought gear off them this morning,email from DPD this afternoon to say my gear is on it way. 2 day delivery to Dublin,and great prices.:)

Any item you buy off them has a tracking number.

kavanagh_h wrote: »
    Thanks H.

Good people to deal with. Ordered spare parts for two Arai helmets (vents, liner and visor) and they sent them out same day with DPD.

Helmet city are very good too, bought a fair bit of them and the returns are good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sportsbikeshop, I returned a pair of textile pants with a torn arse seam and they sent back a replacement straight away no questions asked.. that was 4 months or so after buying the pants.. so no complaints here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Can I also mention Cotteres here in Dublin
    Simon and Steven will do their absolute best to match or beat UK and EU prices.

I got a great deal on a Richa Balistic Evo jacket off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

fdevine wrote: »

Just about to order more stuff off there, already got my ACF50 and filter and plugs.

Getting my motul oil and other bits.....any discount codes horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

fdevine wrote: »

And from me. Ordered some stuff Monday night, just arrived at the door there!

Advertisement