Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel time to Dublin Ferryport

Options
  • 02-04-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Help please.
    What time to leave Kilmacanogue Tuesday morning by car to get to Dublin Ferryport by 07.30 latest? Different times rain or dry? Best route?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The journey for anyone who knows their way through Dublin City would easy be under an hour.
    My suggestion to you is that you must leave at 6.00am. This gives you a comfortable margin just in case of delays along the way.
    The most straightforward route for you to take is to stay on the M.50 all the way to the end, follow the signs and then take the Port Tunnel and the Ferry Port (sign posted) is on your left as you exit the tunnel.
    Unfortunately you will have to pay the M.50 car toll and the 10 euro peak time rate Tunnel toll for this route, but it is practically 1 road all the way with only a set of traffic lights at the very end.
    Alternatively,
    You could take exit 17 just after Bray on the M.50, follow this road (approx 20 - 30 mins) until you pass The RTE Campus on your right, then stay in the right lane and turn right at next lights (Donnybrook Church)
    When you turn right, keep to the immediate left lane onto Angelsea Rd, to the end of Angelsea Rd, turn left, then turn right at the next lights onto Shelbourne Rd. Follow the road to the 6th set of traffic lights take the turn right onto Macken St. Follow to the very end and go left at the end and immediately right onto the Samuel Beckett Bridge.
    Counting the lights on the other side of the bridge as the first set, take the right turn at the 3rd set. Follow the road to the end where the Ferry Port is signposted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

At that time of the morning the more direct route via N11 / Rock Road / East Link is fine in my experience. You may have a short wait at the Merrion gates but at that time it shouldn't be too bad. If I leave Bray at 6.00am I can be at the ferry port in 40 mins usually, but allow an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Alun wrote: »
    At that time of the morning the more direct route via N11 / Rock Road / East Link is fine in my experience. You may have a short wait at the Merrion gates but at that time it shouldn't be too bad. If I leave Bray at 6.00am I can be at the ferry port in 40 mins usually, but allow an hour.

I agree - I tend to use the N11 at times between 6 and 7am and at 6am the N11 is usually fairly free flowing so I would say take the above route. You could probably leave at 6:30, but there would be little contingency for any mishaps that might occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Thanks for all help.
    Left at 06.10. Went N11, Booterstown Ave., Merrion Gates, East Link. Arrived at 06.50. Very little traffic.

Advertisement