Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV 2 jail broken question

Options
  • 02-04-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

My Apple TV 2 is jail broken for about 4 years I guess

It's only really used now for Netflix as I have another device to play my stored movies and runs Kodi etc

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to resetting and updating the Apple TV ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

soundsham wrote: »
    My Apple TV 2 is jail broken for about 4 years I guess

It's only really used now for Netflix as I have another device to play my stored movies and runs Kodi etc

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to resetting and updating the Apple TV ?

Thanks

I was in the same boat as you, The issue you have is that the ATV2 does not do apps, and if you got to later Version, it still wont so you will loose Netflix

I mainly used it to watch my own stuff from my NAS, I got an ATV 4 and now use Infuse to watch my own stuff and download apps like Netflix

I think I am right but not sure !!:P

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I was in the same boat as you, The issue you have is that the ATV2 does not do apps, and if you got to later Version, it still wont so you will loose Netflix

I mainly used it to watch my own stuff from my NAS, I got an ATV 4 and now use Infuse to watch my own stuff and download apps like Netflix

That's a bit crap
    Have Netflix so I'll leave well alone so I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

It doesnt have an app store but still has apps including Netflix? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

adox wrote: »
    It doesnt have an app store but still has apps including Netflix? :confused:

Netflix is one of the built-in apps. The App Store is ATV4 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Netflix is one of the built-in apps. The App Store is ATV4 only.

Yeah thats what I thought. The poster was advising that if the OP got rid of his jail break and updated the software he would lose Netflix which is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

yeah..wasn't too sure if i installed Netflix or it was stock...obviously it standard

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Un jailbreak so I suppose the kodi etc isn't running the best anyway very slow

Advertisement