If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YSP-2700 question

Options
  • 02-04-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, 
    I have a Wharfdale Diamond / BK Electronics XLS200 Mk2 5.1 set-up with an Onkyo TSRX606 reciever. I have to downsize so can't have a full size reciever anymore.
    Am looking at alternatives including the YSP-2700.
    The room is quite small, around 4m by 4m with a fireplace on the right side as you look at the TV. There are book shelves in the alcoves.
    I'm wondering if the YSP-2700's digital sound projection will work in this type of room.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Niall.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, 
    I have a Wharfdale Diamond / BK Electronics XLS200 Mk2 5.1 set-up with an Onkyo TSRX606 reciever. I have to downsize so can't have a full size reciever anymore.
    Am looking at alternatives including the YSP-2700.
    The room is quite small, around 4m by 4m with a fireplace on the right side as you look at the TV. There are book shelves in the alcoves.
    I'm wondering if the YSP-2700's digital sound projection will work in this type of room.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Niall.
    Hi Niall,

The Yamaha YSP2700 calibration system uses IntelliBeam which has a good few settings for different room set ups and sizes. You should have no issue with using it in your room however a soundbar will never give quite as good virtual surround as a dedicated AV system. Saying that though the new Yamahas are probably the best I've heard at filling rooms and giving a sense of space. Especially the 2700 and the 5600 (which is something else!)

I hope you've found this information helpful. Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dchiu

Hi David,
    I'm new to this forum.  I'm currently choosing between the 2700 and the 5600.  I understand that the 5600 is the flagship top of the line, however that was introduced in 2015 and I believe the 2700 is a lot newer and thinking if they have upped the sound quality.  I understand that the 5600 has atmos (I could live without atmos), but based on sound quality is it right to think that the 2700 would be a better option now?  the 2700 looks a lot slimmer and worried about purchasing a big brick (5600) when the sound quality is almost the same.  I live in a smallish apartment and will use it mainly for TV and movies with probably 10% music.
    Did a lot of research but can't seem to find an answer, could you help me out please.

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dchiu wrote: »
    Hi David,
    I'm new to this forum.  I'm currently choosing between the 2700 and the 5600.  I understand that the 5600 is the flagship top of the line, however that was introduced in 2015 and I believe the 2700 is a lot newer and thinking if they have upped the sound quality.  I understand that the 5600 has atmos (I could live without atmos), but based on sound quality is it right to think that the 2700 would be a better option now?  the 2700 looks a lot slimmer and worried about purchasing a big brick (5600) when the sound quality is almost the same.  I live in a smallish apartment and will use it mainly for TV and movies with probably 10% music.
    Did a lot of research but can't seem to find an answer, could you help me out please.

David
    David,

I'm on a hobby horse here :D

The YSP2700 is a good soundbar...

...The YSP5600 is one of the best audio products that I have EVER heard - Its just A M A Z I N G and I still have no idea how Yamaha were able to get a soundbar to sound the way the YSP5600 sounds.

Even without the optional Subwoofer it really is able to give an awesome audio quality and especially it can image like no other product I've ever heard..

Its awesome! 

( but expensive :( )

Keep us posted

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.