Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest of drawers for bedroom

• 02-04-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

I rent and I'm moving house soon.

I would like a chest of drawers for my bedroom. I could buy something sh from done deal or a secondhand furniture shop.

IM toying with the idea of making drawers. The one thing I do need to incorporate is s collapsible overall frame as I will be moving houses again and I need to unassemble the frame and move it to the next house.

Anyone any ideas on such a chest of drawers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭timfromtang

aidanki wrote: »
    I rent and I'm moving house soon.

I would like a chest of drawers for my bedroom. I could buy something sh from done deal or a secondhand furniture shop.

IM toying with the idea of making drawers. The one thing I do need to incorporate is s collapsible overall frame as I will be moving houses again and I need to unassemble the frame and move it to the next house.

Anyone any ideas on such a chest of drawers

hi Adianki,
    a piece of furniture called a "tallboy or highboy" years ago was typically made in two or three pieces, each seating on the next in a small recess, to facilitate moving. I'd suggest making your cabinet in two or three pieces, with one or two dimensions less than the width of a doorframe.

tim
    Fuisneóg Abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no really hassle moving a tallboy when you've got a van. Not more difficult that fridge or other furniture.

But if you must colaspe it, flatpack furniture comes apart easily. Could base it around a similar design with bed fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Its a bit of a contradictory design problem as drawer carcasses need to rigid to stop racking and jamming drawers.You could use some of the KD fittings available or just go to Ikea ?

Advertisement