Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Manchester City (4pm KO)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I like this result

If you are speaking as a United fan, Nah, just makes yesterday's result all the more frustrating. Could be within 3 points of City with a game in hand, albeit with worse goal difference had they stepped up yesterday.

• If you are speaking as a United fan, Nah, just makes yesterday's result all the more frustrating. Could be within 3 points of City with a game in hand, albeit with worse goal difference had they stepped up yesterday.

Yes, yes I am
    No point in moaning about a result that is past us
    It is what it is

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    :confused:

Why you confused?

• gitzy16v wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I think its acceptable that any fan from any team can have a right aul laugh at the shambles surrounding my club....thats what ive resorted to,just laugh,its a joke at this stage.

Tbf that was a better Arsenal performance than normal
    At least here was a bit of fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yes, yes I am
    No point in moaning about a result that is past us
    It is what it is

Eh...........so you advocate just forgetting about a bad result after the game? I hope you practice what you preach! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    For the obvious reason that there appears to be discontent amongst the squad and fans, and results are being affected.

Hardly rocket science.

It's been like that the past few years and they've still finished above Liverpool.

It would be freefall if he left and would benefit Liverpool more :/

I just want him to stay because ArsenalTV :pac:

• Eh...........so you advocate just forgetting about a bad result after the game? I hope you practice what you preach! !

Did I say that?
    Get up and get on with it!
    And yes I do practice what I preach. The result was **** but it's gone.
    Todays result is what it is, and it benefits Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,988 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Why? He finished above Liverpool in 8 of the last 10(i think) seasons

Is that really the barometer for success? Where's the trophy for finishing above Liverpool? The rest of the footballing world isn't as obsessed as certain people here I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Tbf that was a better Arsenal performance than normal
    At least here was a bit of fight

wont disagree with that...but city were sh1te and our defence is like a bunch of disorganised kids....a plaster for a stab wound,thats all today was.

• Advertisement

• Is that really the barometer for success? Where's the trophy for finishing above Liverpool? The rest of the footballing world isn't as obsessed as certain people here I guess.

Well apparently a fan is laughing at Arsenal begging for Arsene to stay for another 10 years when ultimately his club is ****ter so yea, who exactly is obsessed?

It's been like that the past few years and they've still finished above Liverpool.

A lot think it'll be bad if he leaves. It may not be. Utd have struggled post fergie, doesn't mean Arsenal will too. I think he'll leave for sure if they miss out on top 4. Maybe an FA cup win will save him but i doubt it.

Well apparently a fan is laughing at Arsenal begging for Arsene to stay for another 10 years when ultimately his club is ****ter so yea, who exactly is obsessed?

So the club you support has to be better than the club you're laughing at for you to be allowed to laugh at them?

So the club you support has to be better than the club you're laughing at for you to be allowed to laugh at them?

Sunday Night logic :)

Is that really the barometer for success? Where's the trophy for finishing above Liverpool? The rest of the footballing world isn't as obsessed as certain people here I guess.

Who's obsessed with Liverpool? :/

Obviously not, but I don't see why he'd want A manager to stay who has been outdoing the club another person supports.

There's no logic to it at all

Obviously not, but I don't see why he'd want A manager to stay who has been outdoing the club another person supports.

Because he's not outdoing them, Wenger's achievements in the past don't mean he's doing a good job right now. Liverpool are currently in a better position than Arenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Because he's not outdoing them, Wenger's achievements in the past don't mean he's doing a good job right now. Liverpool are currently in a better position than Arenal.

The biggest issue for Arsenal is the contract situations. Wenger said he'd let his future be known soon but it's still up in the air. Going to be tough to attract a manager there if they are without CL & you have Ramsay, Chamberlain, Ozil and Sanchez out of contract next summer.

He's in a semi final and challenging for top 4? Liverpool are in top 4 and not in a semi final.
    Arsenal win the Two games in hand and who knows what will happen but you're talking 'right now'because it suits your argument. If in 3 weeks Arsenal are ahead of Liverpool 'right now'will you change your mind on wanting him to stay? Unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why? He finished above Liverpool in 8 of the last 10(i think) seasons

I'm not sure what that's got to do with what's happening now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Again, I hear and read about Arsenal going into total free fall if Wenger leaves. How does anyone know that? If Arsenal get in the right manager after he leaves than there is no reason why the club couldn't push on and compete at a higher level than they are currently.

If Wenger stays than Arsenal won't truly compete at the top in the Premier League and the Champions League. No wonder opposition fans want him to sign a new deal. They will get their wish too, as Wenger isn't going anywhere for a few years yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Again, I hear and read about Arsenal going into total free fall if Wenger leaves. How does anyone know that? If Arsenal get in the right manager after he leaves than there is no reason why the club couldn't push on and compete at a higher level than they are currently.

If Wenger stays than Arsenal won't truly compete at the top in the Premier League and the Champions League. No wonder opposition fans want him to sign a new deal. They will get their wish too, as Wenger isn't going anywhere for a few years yet.

I absolutely agree with this. Get the right manager in and Arsenal can absolutely be challenging for the title and even make a realistic attempt at winning the Champions League. Arsenal is a huge club with plenty of potential who i can only see having a bright future.

In my opinion, the longer Wenger stays the better for opposition fans. If Wenger manages to turn things around then all credit to him, but i can't see it myself.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what that's got to do with what's happening now? :confused:

Because a person wants a manager to leave who's been better than recent managers at the club he supports? So it's pretty relevant.

It's possible they'll go into freefall, it's also possible they'll compete for league. Who knows.

You say they won't truly compete but they were still taking up a top 4 spot. This year is the first year they look like they won't and people have been calling for Wengers head for how many years?

I can understand if other fans wanted him to stay after next year if they fail to get top 4 this year and next, but until then there's no proof.

I'm sure the person I originally quoted wanted Wenger to stay the last few years too as Arsenal weren't 'truly competing' yet they finished 2nd and 3rd.

Advertisement