Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop opening hours.

Options
  • 02-04-2017 4:51pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seen that Outdoor sports are open today from 1 to 6, and it got me thinking.

Now this has probably been done to death, i honestly cannot remember, but why do hunting/shooting shops keep the "normal" hours they do?

Could they not open later and close later during the week? Maybe do a Sunday or two per month? IOW make it easier for people, who work the same hours, to get to them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

It would make alot more sense to open later in the evening alright. I was outside a shop in Carlow last week and it didn't even open at the time it was meant to. I waited 45 minutes then left. Wildhunter in athlone opened on a Sunday it was very handy for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

The one and only shop in Drogheda only opens on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Lazy Dog shooting in Co Limerick opens after 5pm.Simply because he has a day job as well. TBH ,if I was going to become just a gun dealer/smith I'd be looking at doing a lot online these days and make an appointment by phone or email to come down and view what you want to buy..At least you could plan around when people might show up or not if they are going to have to phone ahead to meet you.
    Hate to say it,but in ireland I think the day of the high st gun smith/dealer shop is coming to an end. Rates and rent on premis and storage and all the rest is killing any kind of buisness off,not to mind anything "obscure".Dealers will have to move wit the times or die as well.No wonder many were so diverse in small towns.i remember one in limerick doing fruit&veg and firearms.So unless you have something else to justify normal shop hours it's not going to survive as a single entity anymore iMO.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Luckysasha wrote: »
    The one and only shop in Drogheda only opens on a Saturday.

Also during the week on an evening if requested. However opening hours are being increased. Keep an eye on the facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

When I started shooting, the local hardware shops all seemed to sell 12 gauge cartridges.
    You usually had a choice of Eley Grand Prix, 5's or 6's, or Alphamax.
    For .22 long bullets I had to go to a little pub called the Stags Head in Ballinalee, Co. Longford. Any time up to closing time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

cw67irl wrote: »
    Also during the week on an evening if requested. However opening hours are being increased. Keep an eye on the facebook page :)

Opening Wednesdays 10-6 starting this week. Drop in and say hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Dom Byrne in Wexford only open in the evenings during the week. Much better for me.

http://www.domscustomrifles.ie

Advertisement