Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Park for 4 year olds

Options
  • 02-04-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but we have planned a trip to Dublin over Easter and intended to go to Tayto Park, but I'm wondering is it worth it for two 4 year olds? Is there enough for them to do, will they enjoy it?
    Also, whats the story with Park Entry Fee and Wristband Fee? Should we buy the wristband, would it be worth it?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I would suggest you ask in the parenting forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

This does not belong in a bargain thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wherearemykeys

Sorry, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

We brought our then 3 year old last year, there's plenty to do, don't bother with a wristband at all unless its for yourself and have someone to mind the kid while you do said activity, most of the stuff that the band covers (apart from the 4d cinema) is not suitable for a 4 year old.

There is a zoo of sorts, lots of walking, water stuff to play with... Its better than a trip to the zoo, even if they can't go on a lot of the bigger attractions :)

We had a great day to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

The main thing should be that they can see crisps being made, packaged, boxed etc and ready for delivery in an actual crisp factory. Kind of like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.
    That in itself is a great idea for a day out.

Following that, the rides at Tayto Park are a bonus!

There is a "little-kids" area with rides, swings etc. for small people.
    That will keep them entertained for a while.

The stands with the guys/girls serving fresh fried potato crisps on a stick are a sight to behold!
    Get everyone one each and then an ice cream afterwards!

The zoo with the cheetahs, tigers etc are rather unexpected but well worth it. It's like one's own private zoo.

For a bit of lunch, if you don't do it at Tayto Park then head to Weston Airport outside of Lucan. On a clear day you can see planes taking off and landing while having a nice meal in the restaurant.

If that's not enough, then make sure you pack everyone's swim costumes and a few towels and go to the national aquatic centre afterwards. It's only a 20min drive away in Blanchardstown. Have a look at their website to see if it is suitable for 4 year old's.

If i was 4 again, that would be my perfect day out in Dublin.

I've done this with some older kids (8-11 and one of 50) and they enjoyed it all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Your 4 year old won't be able to go on many rides. We brought a 5 year old and he couldn't go on much. He liked the factory tour and some of the free parts (like the dinosaur walk, and the massive playground), but that was it. I don't think it was worth it really.

I found the zoo part pretty grim, tbh. The enclosures are terrible. Some of the animals are very stressed (otters seem to be constantly freaked out).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We brought our 4yr old last summer and he loved it.

It's unbelievably pricey and yes if you are going then def get the wristband for both.

The small kids area seemed great and kept him entertained for ages.

We also avoided the zoo part. I really think they should hand those poor animals to Dublin zoo or another properly established large zoo....

Thanks a million for your replies - i really appreciate it

wandererz wrote: »
    The main thing should be that they can see crisps being made, packaged, boxed etc and ready for delivery in an actual crisp factory. Kind of like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.
    That in itself is a great idea for a day out.

Following that, the rides at Tayto Park are a bonus!

There is a "little-kids" area with rides, swings etc. for small people.
    That will keep them entertained for a while.

The stands with the guys/girls serving fresh fried potato crisps on a stick are a sight to behold!
    Get everyone one each and then an ice cream afterwards!

The zoo with the cheetahs, tigers etc are rather unexpected but well worth it. It's like one's own private zoo.

For a bit of lunch, if you don't do it at Tayto Park then head to Weston Airport outside of Lucan. On a clear day you can see planes taking off and landing while having a nice meal in the restaurant.

If that's not enough, then make sure you pack everyone's swim costumes and a few towels and go to the national aquatic centre afterwards. It's only a 20min drive away in Blanchardstown. Have a look at their website to see if it is suitable for 4 year old's.

If i was 4 again, that would be my perfect day out in Dublin.

I've done this with some older kids (8-11 and one of 50) and they enjoyed it all.

Thanks a million for your reply - we have actually planned to the National Aquatic Centre over same weekend! As you said, its the perfect weekend for any 4 year old!

• Advertisement
Advertisement