Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tents on the royal canal

Options
  • 02-04-2017 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

I walked along the bank from Binns Bridge (where Dorset St becomes Drumcondra Rd basically) to Cross Guns bridge today for the first time in a while and saw about 4 tents pitched there. Does anyone know if they've been there for a while? Are they people who can't afford rent or what? Just curious.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Why don't you ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Why don't you ask them?

I did but it was a bit difficult because they were on the opposite bank, and it involved too much shouting. Then they suggested to ask on boards.ie. They said fiachr_a might know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tell them I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There were homeless people in tents beside the Dodder for a few months during the winter. Some people don't like homeless shelter and the ones sleeping in doorway in the city can wake up to someone urinating on them. My guess is that these are more homeless people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Started a similar thread about the guy and gal in D4 near Grand Canal Dock. I was walking down there one morning and rubbish was strew everywhere. Though typical, walked back after work and the guy had done a big tidy up - turned out a cat or something had just got into his bag. Fair play to him and mea culpa for jumping to conclusions.

Poor buggers it must be damn cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

They've been there since the start of February at least. They look like young enough fellas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

It's a few blokes who've gotten out of mountjoy and are living on the bank in tents

Advertisement