If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiver / TV / Speakers Quote

Options
  • 02-04-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi richersounds,

I'm thinking of upgrading my home audio & TV setup, so an A/V receiver, TV & speakers.

The system will get more use for audio than for home cinema.

For the receiver I'd like to have:
    Unbalanced phono input with ground connection;
    Spotify connect;
    Google cast.

For the TV:
    Max size of 40";
    4K.

Speakers:
    Not too big as space is limited.

I've been looking at the following, what do you think and would you be able to do a good price for these?

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1131 
    TC: Panasonic Viera TX-40DX600B
    Speakers: not 100% sure - possibly Q-acoustics 2010i or 2020i or any good deals for that price range.

I'm in Dublin but can collect in Belfast if some items are non-delivery or a better price in Stg.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jambono wrote: »
    Hi richersounds,

I'm thinking of upgrading my home audio & TV setup, so an A/V receiver, TV & speakers.

The system will get more use for audio than for home cinema.

For the receiver I'd like to have:
    Unbalanced phono input with ground connection;
    Spotify connect;
    Google cast.

For the TV:
    Max size of 40";
    4K.

Speakers:
    Not too big as space is limited.

I've been looking at the following, what do you think and would you be able to do a good price for these?

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1131 
    TC: Panasonic Viera TX-40DX600B
    Speakers: not 100% sure - possibly Q-acoustics 2010i or 2020i or any good deals for that price range.

I'm in Dublin but can collect in Belfast if some items are non-delivery or a better price in Stg.

Thanks!
    Hi Jambono,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm not sure from your post  if you are looking for a 5.1 system or just a good AV Receiver with stereo speakers? I'll go on the basis that you are looking at just stereo speakers ( but of course we can expand to a full 5.1 no problem!)

The VSX1131 is a great bit of kit - unfortunately its now a finished line but I do have one last display unit that we would clear at a bonkers £299 - the VSX1131 does have a dedicated phono input but it does not have a grounding point but you could use one of the chassis screws no problem as a ground.

If you went for the Pioneer VSX1131 / Panasonic TX40DX600 / Q Acoustics 2020i Graphite / Audioquest Pearl HDMI 1.5 HDMI / Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 speaker cable * 10 Mtrs we could do the complete bundle at £919 with delivery at £12.99.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jambono

Hi John,

Thanks, that's a good price alright for the Pioneer. As it's a display model would that come with the usual warranty?

I have speaker & HDMI cable already, so can you let me know the price for just the receiver/TV/speakers/delivery?

I'm also considering the Marantz NR1506 - I like the fact it's not as tall as most of the other receivers.
    From what I can see it lacks a few features like multiroom, 4K upscaling and Google Cast (though not too bothered abut this last one).
    I could add a separate phono preamp, e.g. the Project PhonoBox MM.

Can you give me a price for the Marantz plus preamp with the same TV/speakers as before please?

Also would there be any other small form factor models I could consider?

Thanks,

Conor

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Thanks, that's a good price alright for the Pioneer. As it's a display model would that come with the usual warranty?

I have speaker & HDMI cable already, so can you let me know the price for just the receiver/TV/speakers/delivery?

I'm also considering the Marantz NR1506 - I like the fact it's not as tall as most of the other receivers.
    From what I can see it lacks a few features like multiroom, 4K upscaling and Google Cast (though not too bothered abut this last one).
    I could add a separate phono preamp, e.g. the Project PhonoBox MM.

Can you give me a price for the Marantz plus preamp with the same TV/speakers as before please?

Also would there be any other small form factor models I could consider?

Thanks,

Conor
    Hi Jambono,

Re VSX1131 display - yep it will come with a full 2 year warranty as standard.

If you wanted a price without the cables then we can do the VSX1131 / TX40DX600 / QA 2020i at £899 

The Marantz NR1506 / TX40DX600 / QA 2020i / PhonoBox MM - best price we can do is £885 with delivery at £12.99 for the bundle.

The Marantz NR1506 sounds excellent but does not have the same feature-set as the VSX1131 - if you are looking for a super slim unit then I would also recommend the Onkyo TXL50 which is a super compact unit - its only 7cm high and 32.6cms deep ( both saves height and depth even over the NR1506!):
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202345-txl50.aspx

The Onkyo TXL50 adds back lots of the features that the VSX1131 has over the NR1506 - it is more expensive at £399 but it is a really great sounding piece of kit - it even has a decent quality MM turntable input!:

The Onkyo TXL50 / TX40DX600 / QA 2020i  - best price we can do is £939 with delivery at £12.99 for the bundle.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

The slim Pioneer looks nice but probably just a bit too much for me.

I think I will go with the Marantz NR1506 / QA 2020i / PhonoBox MM.

For the TV I noticed the stand on the Panasonic is quite deep, 36cm. Tv will likely be in a corner so am a bit concerned it might protrude.
    I see you have the Samsung UE40KU6400 for £20stg more, anything you could do on this?

Also, just in terms of ordering / payment / delivery I have a couple of questions:

What's the best way to order (Marantz doesn't have an online option)?
    If I pay in Euro is it free delivery instead of £12.99 in Stg? It might work out better for me paying in Euro, after currency charges are added.
    I might be away for a few days next week so if I order today/tomorrow what's the likely delivery time?

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John,

The slim Pioneer looks nice but probably just a bit too much for me.

I think I will go with the Marantz NR1506 / QA 2020i / PhonoBox MM.

For the TV I noticed the stand on the Panasonic is quite deep, 36cm. Tv will likely be in a corner so am a bit concerned it might protrude.
    I see you have the Samsung UE40KU6400 for £20stg more, anything you could do on this?

Also, just in terms of ordering / payment / delivery I have a couple of questions:

What's the best way to order (Marantz doesn't have an online option)?
    If I pay in Euro is it free delivery instead of £12.99 in Stg? It might work out better for me paying in Euro, after currency charges are added.
    I might be away for a few days next week so if I order today/tomorrow what's the likely delivery time?

Thanks!
    Hi Jambono

Unfortunately I have no movement on the price of the 40KU6400 :(

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can give you a call to complete the order as the 1506 can not be purchased via the website.

Total Euro price for everything including the 40DX600 would be 1052.99 Euro - This is using our web pricing.
    Without the 40DX600 it would be 533.99 Euro.

In sterling the price would be £898.99  inc TV and delivery.
    Without TV it would be £546.99

If ordered today you would be looking at delivery early next week.

Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. I'll wait and order next week when I'm back.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Kenny. I'll wait and order next week when I'm back.
    No problem at all Jambono :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.