Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Quays

Options
  • 02-04-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

With all the talk currently concentrating on the North Quays, i was wondering what the plan is for the South Quays.

It's a sorry excuse for a Riverside to be totally honest, at the moment it's nothing more than an extended car park.

If i remember correctly the plan is to get the car parks off the quays and a key stage for this was getting the waterside car park up and running.

This looks like it's not far off now, so can anyone tell me if i imagined that or if there is indeed a plan to make something of our Riverside?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Deiseen wrote: »
    With all the talk currently concentrating on the North Quays, i was wondering what the plan is for the South Quays.

It's a sorry excuse for a Riverside to be totally honest, at the moment it's nothing more than an extended car park.

If i remember correctly the plan is to get the car parks off the quays and a key stage for this was getting the waterside car park up and running.

This looks like it's not far off now, so can anyone tell me if i imagined that or if there is indeed a plan to make something of our Riverside?

You certainly are correct, I remember this also, exactly as you described too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Deiseen wrote: »

It's a pity that the owners/leasees of these quay side car parks are not WCCC, so therefore it would be fairly difficult to achieve any meaningful reduction in the car parking spaces on the quay in the short term without compensating third parties significantly. I think what would be very beneficial would be a 'rice bridge no. 2' somewhere in the vicinity of the tower Hotel across to ferrybank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Road-Hog wrote: »
    It's a pity that the owners/leasees of these quay side car parks are not WCCC, so therefore it would be fairly difficult to achieve any meaningful reduction in the car parking spaces on the quay in the short term without compensating third parties significantly. I think what would be very beneficial would be a 'rice bridge no. 2' somewhere in the vicinity of the tower Hotel across to ferrybank

Well actually they are for one of them, the one around the crane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm not sure there was an official plan for anything there. Wasn't it more of a speculative thing done by a WIT department or someone like that?

Advertisement