Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic Recruitment February 2017

• 02-04-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Just thought I'd create this thread seeing as there isn't one already for February. Tests this Thursday.
    I attended a course to prepare. I thought it wasn't that useful because I had practiced a good bit on those tests and was expecting something more focused on what it was like in the link rather than psychometric tests in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Once you understand what to do you're pretty much there. Just do some online tests or keep repeating the practice ones, although you learn them pretty quick so other sites would be better.

I thought i was well prepared but the time limit really puts pressure on you so if you can't figure out a question just skip it and come back to it at the end once you've gone through all the questions. Even though i had that mindset it still held me back and ended up hurting me.

Not sure if it's frowned upon to discuss the amount of questions and time you have here but you really don't have time to waste. Good luck!

I wonder how many are going for it.... Boards has been pretty dead since the campaign before december 2016. There were only a handful on here talking about the December campaign as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Thank you :)
    The only way really is practice.
    I'm surprised myself there isn't more discussion on boards. Hopefully that means there's less candidates but will still have to pass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Best of luck with it! Yeah it seems very quiet alright. I would have expected more especially with the DFB panel being suspended/delayed.

Hope the tests go well for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

How long are the tests? As in how long are u there for in total does anyone know? In for 3pm, out for?

Best of luck to everyone doing it

Tests are 12minutes each. So should be out before 3:30. I know there's another group in a 2 as well. Good luck to everyone :0 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Dunno if this question will apply to anyone here....but is there anyone out there on both the ICV panel and the Student Paramedic panel?? I'm on both and am nearly at contract stage for and ICV position. I just got a text there on Thursday for a training place in Ballinasloe for the Student Paramedic August 2017 training place....I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I sign a contract and begin working for the ICVs will it affect my ability to go ahead with the paramedic campaign...as in I may end up working on the ICVs for only two months and then have to hand in my notice to go for the student paramedic place....

Not sure how this all works...do the HSE frown upon people working few months on the ICVs and then leaving to go to train as paramedic... or is it the norm. If anyone has any inkling to this please let me know! thanks :)

Anyone get interview dates?

Nope not yet. They did say we'll get an email in a week but hopefully be today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Has anyone heard anything from the tests yet?

Hana98 wrote: »
    Tests are 12minutes each. So should be out before 3:30. I know there's another group in a 2 as well. Good luck to everyone :0 :)

Did you hear anything from the tests yet?

• Advertisement

Yeah got an email. I passed :) Now waiting for the letter. I rushed home for the letter from work but it should be here before Thursday :) are you doing it yourself?

Yeah got an email. I passed :) Now waiting for the letter. I rushed home for the letter from work but it should be here before Thursday :) are you doing it yourself?

Didn't get the email ... Only the text !!! Did it take long to come through after the text ?

I got the email before the text. Maybe give them a ring because that happened me before and they had the wrong email. Or PM me your email and I'll forward it to you :)

I got the email before the text. Maybe give them a ring because that happened me before and they had the wrong email. Or PM me your email and I'll forward it to you :)

Aw thank an.. I better wait for the email from them.. Maybe didn't pass and that's why I didn't get it yet !

Just got the letter today :eek:

Congrats guys. What week do the interviews start?

Week starting 2nd of May. Mine's on 3rd though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Best of luck everyone. Be sure to know your examples/skill areas inside out and back to front :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Where are they holding the interviews lately? PAS in abbey street?

5500 wrote: »
    Where are they holding the interviews lately? PAS in abbey street?
    Mine was out in Parkwest in Dublin, that was for Feb 2017.

• Advertisement

This one is Parkwest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

Hi guys. Hope everyone's interview went well. Apparently we should get some correspondence next week... fingers crossed!!

Any ideas on the number interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Any chance of another drive anytime soon?

Any chance of another drive anytime soon?

Should go live any day now.

Are you on this Panel?

mar2313 wrote: »
    Are you on this Panel?

No I'm on the December panel.

Any idea of where they are at with the December panel?

With regards to the number interviewed this time round, I was candidate 132 so I presume quite a lot were interviewed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Skarey

Numbers interviewed from what I heard was between 60 and 70.

Advertisement