Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Paramedic Recruitment February 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ziballz87

Still waiting. Checking email every ten minutes 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Ziballz87 wrote: »
    Still waiting. Checking email every ten minutes 😬

Same. How did you find the assessments? Just trying to gauge did everyone find them tricky?

Same. How did you find the assessments? Just trying to gauge did everyone find them tricky?

Found the second half of the Analytical very difficult. Had practised lots and felt very confident so disappointed with that. Actually found the verbal grand, though ran out of time. Praying for a miracle now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Nothbg here either

Not expecting anything today so, considering interviews are starting week 17th July, they're not leaving us much to time to get everything ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Or possibly those that are going to interview have been notified already😮

I'd rather not venture into that mindset yet but who knows lol.

Positive thinking!

Email got, passed tbtg

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

Email got, passed tbtg

Congrats! Did you get the interview date yet?

• Advertisement

Interviews on week july 24th and exact date posted to me by this friday. Cheers!

Got the email. Didn't make it unfortunately but another drive happening in august. Won't give up just yet.

Got the email. Didn't make it unfortunately but another drive happening in august. Won't give up just yet.

Sorry to hear that. Only thing I would say , you say you answered all but one verbal. I only managed to get I think 30 done. If that the case going forward, there must be negative marking done in these tests. I would say we prob got same amount of analytical done cos we both found the last few tough.

Got the email and good news too. Fingers crossed for everyone. Those who didn't you'll be top of the game next time around.

Hard luck, keep trying!

Time to get the heads down and prepare prepare prepare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭OL16

Your not alone. I didn't get it either. I didn't expect to as I'd felt I'd really bombed in the 2nd part. Next time!!!!

Well done to those who have passed and best of luck with the further stages.

I would be certain that negative marking was used in the test. I lost the run of myself in the 2nd part, analytical, and ended up just guessing loads, just to completer it. It was a mistake. I would have been better to just try to answer say for r.g 8 correctly that answer them all with more that half guessed IMO.
    Learning from the experience!!

OL16 wrote: »
    I would be certain that negative marking was used in the test. I lost the run of myself in the 2nd part, analytical, and ended up just guessing loads, just to completer it. It was a mistake. I would have been better to just try to answer say for r.g 8 correctly that answer them all with more that half guessed IMO.
    Learning from the experience!!

Exact same situation for me. Ended up guessing the last 3-4 of latter part of analytical and that's probably what failed me. They won't say that negative marking was used but seems that it is being used. In the email it says that you need to achieve a total score of 40 or above. Not sure how that is calculated.
    Anyhow will make sure to pass in august.

If negative marking is used wouldn't it still apply to unanswered questions?

• Advertisement

If negative marking is used wouldn't it still apply to unanswered questions?

I'm not sure?

This is info I found;
    In regard to negative marking I read this on another thread in regard to Cut-E and marking;

"Cut-e tests are negatively marked meaning that points are awarded to every right answer, and deducted for every wrong answer. These two scores are added together to create your final test score. This system of marking increases the importance of practice to ensure that you get your answers right".

With a bit of research I also found this in regard to not answering questions & negative marking;

"Normally, if there is negative marking, then it's best to leave an answer which you are doubtful about unanswered instead of attempting it. This ensures that you don't lose any extra marks for wrong attempts."

Did not realise they gave the pass score of 40 in emails. Mine just said Passed etc. In regard to neg marking, def I'd say it's used. I answered 7or 8 analytical but I would be 99% sure the 7/8 I did were right cos they "jumped" out at me. I looked at other 4 but couldn't get them so left them blank. In the verbal I did about 30 out of 42 but again I was confident they were good. The downside I had after test was thinking a pass would be 60/70 and with the amount of answers I gave I imagined I did not get enough done correctly to hit a 60/70 mark

This is what the email said regarding the testing:

"The assessments were marked on a t score basis. The t score is a conversion of individual scores into a standard form. It is a standardised score in statistics that enables a fair comparison between candidates. It also allows us to determine an individual's position in relation to a sample of other individuals."

What do ye make of that?

Passed. Delighted with life. I saw the first line of the email and was nearly certain I hadn't it but next paragraph said I passed. Delighted.

Did anyone get interview dates? I just got my letter there. I'm on the 24th, the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 vin6599

Hana98 wrote: »
    Did anyone get interview dates? I just got my letter there. I'm on the 24th, the Friday.

24th is the Monday I think? Wouldn't want you to miss it :)

• Advertisement

It is actually. There's me being an eejt :D

25th- 10.30am

Did everyone receive their educational certs back yet? I still haven't received mine. They are supposed to send them back via registered post.

P.s good luck to all in the interviews.

OL16 wrote: »
    Did everyone receive their educational certs back yet? I still haven't received mine. They are supposed to send them back via registered post.

P.s good luck to all in the interviews.

I read that for people who didn't get through they'd be sent back via post, and for people going to interviews they'd collect them there

Ziballz87 wrote: »
    I read that for people who didn't get through they'd be sent back via post, and for people going to interviews they'd collect them there

I didn't get through myself but still haven't received back the documents.

• Advertisement

How did ye get on with your interviews?

How did ye get on with your interviews?

Have mine Wednesday morning at 9am 😬 Anyone here have theirs today?

Had mine today. Hard to figure out how it went. I thought it went well. We'll see when it comes down to it. My interviewers anyway didn't seem to give much away. Still unsure.

Hana98 wrote: »
    Had mine today. Hard to figure out how it went. I thought it went well. We'll see when it comes down to it. My interviewers anyway didn't seem to give much away. Still unsure.

I'm sure you did great!

Good luck to everyone else!
    I'd just say don't be put off if they interrupt for clarification. Just try to get back on track. They also did ask me if I wanted to stick with my example or change, which was nice. I only got asked one example but last time I was asked for another for 2 out of 3 of them.
    Good luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jant2

I had my interview today. No surprise questions everything is included in interview booklet.

If you are an EMT make sure you know what is included in the updated CPG and can discuss it.I was asked about this.

I may be wrong but when they gave the option to discuss another example other than the one written i believe they wanted you to use another one to show that you have other scenarios to refer to off the cuff and improvise.

It did say somewhere I think in the interview preparation booklet, that they may ask for another example. For me, they asked if I wanted to use that example or a different one which is a nice gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 goldwrap

Hey, Thinking about applying for a position as a paramedic next time it comes up. Just curious where do i sign up to get a notice for the next campaign and whats involved.

Had my interview yesterday. Seemed (hopefully) to go ok. Went in to my 3 examples in detail. Little bit on NAS, what i know of the work, nothing on pheec for me. Interviewers were very nice

Anyone know how many days interviewing are going on

• Advertisement

goldwrap wrote: »
    Hey, Thinking about applying for a position as a paramedic next time it comes up. Just curious where do i sign up to get a notice for the next campaign and whats involved.

Follow NAS on Facebook and then set their posts to priority so you always see them first. That is the best way as they will share it on facebook.

You need to meet the minimum requirements (check campaign details, NAS website, HSE website etc) and fill out a competency based application.

If you meet the requirements you're invited to apptitude testing. If you pass that and then pass a qualifications check you're invited to a competency based panel interview. If successful you're scored and ranked against other applicants in order of merit.

Read up the NAS website, HSE etc.

Fingers crossed for good news today! ðŸ™ðŸ¼

Post got . passed thanks be to god. Awarded no 10 on panel. Hopefully hard part over now in the application side

Great news, well done! I'm on holidays so have to wait for someone back home to go and check the post 😬

Congratulations guys!

Good news too! Number 2 on panel. Such a relief!

Any idea of how many were interviewed? Also how would a fella gauge where they are exactly on the panel list, from previous panels etc. Just to know is it a case of 3 , 6 , 12 months or even more

Congratulations. Passed too thanks be to God. Now the wait begins.

goldwrap wrote: »

Apparently will recruit again in August. Keep an eye on HSE website, public jobs too.

• Advertisement

Any idea of how many were interviewed? Also how would a fella gauge where they are exactly on the panel list, from previous panels etc. Just to know is it a case of 3 , 6 , 12 months or even more

When the next EOI for a class goes out, you ring them up and ask for your overall number. This can only be done once an EOI request is sent out. No telling when that will be. I would guess following previous trends there might be more news in December.

I think they told me when I inquired a while ago that there were no more classes in 2017 after September and plans for 2018 hadn't been made yet.

I'm sure word of classes will come out soon enough, August and September classes had been known since Jan/Feb maybe earlier.

Rule of thumb seems to be you will be waiting 9-12 months roughly. Thats how it has worked for the last few classes including mine.

Advertisement