Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Paramedic Recruitment February 2017

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musername10

Is anyone here waiting on results from interview 2 weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Is anyone here waiting on results from interview 2 weeks ago?

Mine arrived in the post a while ago, made it onto the panel, in the 40s

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musername10

ectoraige wrote: »
    Mine arrived in the post a while ago, made it onto the panel, in the 40s

Got mine too, was waiting on in email all morning not knowing it was sitting downstairs in an envelope lol I'm in too, just waiting game now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Lads, for anyone on here that has been through it... If the student paramedic course came up in may/June or July in any year in either Tallagh or Ballinalsoe is the course for the 2 weeks induction, 1 week observing and then the 11/12 weeks of study all together in a block or is there a break for example a week in the middle for holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Newmed

Do you know what recruitment group are starting in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trotskyite1

Email EOIs out for Tallagh in Feb just now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaco

Hi, anybody starting Feb training looking for reasonable accommodation close to the Rivers Building in Tallaght pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 vin6599

Anyone have any idea when the next eoi’s might come out for Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 boa2507

Do you think will there be any paramedic recruitment in 2018?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I've been told there will be more recruitment.

Hana98 wrote: »
    I've been told there will be more recruitment.

EOI for ballinasloe out today

Got a question for people who have been through the recruitment process. I've got a holiday booked for 3 weeks before the ballinasloe start date of 23rdjuly. Is there any reason I would have to be in country to do anything in the 3weeks before starting? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Got a question for people who have been through the recruitment process. I've got a holiday booked for 3 weeks before the ballinasloe start date of 23rdjuly. Is there any reason I would have to be in country to do anything in the 3weeks before starting? Thanks

I believe but others can clarify, a few weeks before start you get some online stuff to do and have to upload answers etc to some site

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Skarey

Nope! Provided you have been to OH for your medical and you have all your paperwork back
    I don’t see there being any problem. There is online stuff to do but nothing you couldn’t get through in a day or two. Go on the holiday and enjoy it! Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jant2

Hi all, Can anyone tell me exactly what documents and medical checks are required for the pre employment clearance process? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 blackprawn

Hello everyone. I received notification today that I will be beginning training in ballinasloe on July 23rd 2018. I am going through the document I was sent which details what documents I will need to submit to the pre-employment people.

'What type of screening is required?

This will vary depending on your personal circumstances and the level of the position that you are being considered for; the team will advise you of the specific requirements however in general these include (but are not limited to)

 References from previous employers
     Occupational Health check
     Garda Vetting
     Verification of Qualifications
     Validation of Qualifications (if you studied outside the Republic of Ireland)
     International Police Certificates/ reports
     Photo Identification – Passport*
     Evidence of Professional Registration where there is a statutory requirement to be registered with a professional body
     Birth Certificate*
     Marriage Certificate*
     Evidence of eligibility to work in the state; work permit
     Confirmation of incremental credit

*Please be aware that some of the documentation that is required is for other departments such as Superannuation and in order to enable us to comply with Garda Vetting requirements'

So far I have birth cert, passport, references from previous employers, and I intend to go to the local garda station to get them stamped and hopefully, that will be enough for them to be 'notarized'. I lived in england for a time, so I will also require a police clearance from the west mercia police service. They have an online form to fill out and various documents they will also require. The cost for the cert is £45.
    I intend to post updates as and when they happen. Hopefully they will be of use to people.

blackprawn wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I received notification today that I will be beginning training in ballinasloe on July 23rd 2018. I am going through the document I was sent which details what documents I will need to submit to the pre-employment people.

'What type of screening is required?

This will vary depending on your personal circumstances and the level of the position that you are being considered for; the team will advise you of the specific requirements however in general these include (but are not limited to)

 References from previous employers
     Occupational Health check
     Garda Vetting
     Verification of Qualifications
     Validation of Qualifications (if you studied outside the Republic of Ireland)
     International Police Certificates/ reports
     Photo Identification – Passport*
     Evidence of Professional Registration where there is a statutory requirement to be registered with a professional body
     Birth Certificate*
     Marriage Certificate*
     Evidence of eligibility to work in the state; work permit
     Confirmation of incremental credit

*Please be aware that some of the documentation that is required is for other departments such as Superannuation and in order to enable us to comply with Garda Vetting requirements'

So far I have birth cert, passport, references from previous employers, and I intend to go to the local garda station to get them stamped and hopefully, that will be enough for them to be 'notarized'. I lived in england for a time, so I will also require a police clearance from the west mercia police service. They have an online form to fill out and various documents they will also require. The cost for the cert is £45.
    I intend to post updates as and when they happen. Hopefully they will be of use to people.

Few things.
    Firstly do these physical documents have to be sent? Why is there the need to get a peace commissioner to notarise them? Do you then just send copies?
    Secondly qualifications were already validated pre-interview so it this other qualifications?
    Also be aware you can get a full police national computer file for you from here for £10 (free from may25th) https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx
    They do say that you should be aware it will contain all info recorded about you not just criminal convictions.

That's awesome. I'll look at that link. I will also email the address I was given to ask questions about the preemployment, and let you know their answers. Regarding sending the documents, I think it may be possible to email them, as I saw in a previous post on one of the threads. Check page 119 of the student paramedic 2017 thread.I can't post links or photographs yet it seems As for why we need them notarized, one can only imagine the purpose of the bureaucratic machinations.

Having emailed the folks at recruitscreening @hse .ie, to confirm that it is sufficient to have the requested documents (birth cert, proof of address, marriage cert etc) notarised by the Garda, I received the following reply.

'Thank you for your email.

Yes that is fine.

(* To notarise/certify documents, please bring the original document and a copy to either of the following; 1) Commissioner for Oaths, 2) Peace Commissioner, 3) Practising Solicitor or 4) member of An Garda Siochana.

They witness the original and stamp the copy as a true copy)

Kind regards'

So that's good news :)

Also, re. Foreign clearances, they said the following.

'We require a basic disclosure. If you no long reside in the UK you will have to request a paper clearance be sent to your Irish address.

https://www.mygov.scot/disclosure-paper-application/

Kind regards'

Meaning its looking likely I'll need to get the £45 version.

Advertisement