Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New role offer

Options
  • 02-04-2017 9:58pm

I'm working full time in a role I enjoy. A manager from another area is asking for me to switch projects. This is a very high profile project and will bring loads of experience and recognition. However, work load will significantly increase as well as late meetings.
    My main focus is my young family, so I want to prioritise them. The issue of saying no will be perceived negatively and I could be pushed into role. At the moment they are trying to be persuasive. If I say no it will also be bad for my career. I spoke to the manager and said work life balance is her struggle too. I worked with her previously, was in the office till midnight too frequently. Do I have any room to keep pushing back on this? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Advertisement