Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild garlic

Options
  • 02-04-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if someone could help me. Im looking for some wild garlic or even some to replant. Im based in dublin thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I'm wicklow so not much help, but if you go to a local woods there should be loads of it as it's in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

tt2014 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if someone could help me. Im looking for some wild garlic or even some to replant. Im based in dublin thanks!
    Careful what you wish for! Wild garlic can quickly take over a garden if left unheeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I saw loads of it in St. Anne's Park in Raheny last year. I can't remember exactly where it was but just follow your nose!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the OP is looking for some to plant in their own garden - you can't go digging it up in public parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I have clumps you can have. Let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I just picked up a few pots of it in the new avoca out near clonee. Used to be the plantagen place.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Bump, are there any other places to go looking for wild garlic on the Northside ?

to buy? probably very few, most garden centres wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Late now, but for next year you can buy pulps from amazon and ebay

Advertisement