Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet

Options
  • 03-04-2017 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

looking for a Tablet something like the ipad but its only as a back up for on holidays etc

just the basic emails a few apps etc any deals ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Amazon fire seems cheap and decent for such use.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi - I can recommend the Lenovo 7, 8 & 10 inch. Argos have them from €89 - €169, depending on what your after.
    I like the A10 or the Tab 3 (10 inch) & of course the Yoga - buts that's a little dearer.

I have purchase 3 Lenovo's in the last 2 years (2 for home & one for relative) - bring them to Spain.
    Great for emails, Maps, browsing, streaming etc (more versatile than the Ipad IMO)

Whatever you get - get a good case (find ebay/amazon the best place - unless store have an in-house offer).

Also consider Acer, Samsung, Huawie etc, and look at DID, PC World etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi - I can recommend the Lenovo 7, 8 & 10 inch. Argos have them from €89 - €169, depending on what your after.
    I like the A10 or the Tab 3 (10 inch) & of course the Yoga - buts that's a little dearer.

I have purchase 3 Lenovo's in the last 2 years (2 for home & one for relative) - bring them to Spain.
    Great for emails, Maps, browsing, streaming etc (more versatile than the Ipad IMO)

Whatever you get - get a good case (find ebay/amazon the best place - unless store have an in-house offer).

Also consider Acer, Samsung, Huawie etc, and look at DID, PC World etc
    Leonovo yoga,good size, reliable,quirky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Leonovo yoga,good size, reliable,quirky

Thanks for advice
    Just one thing I bought a laptop of Argos before was a dell and dell told me the warranty was only 6 months left as it was old stock they were selling

Hi,

That's interesting - I never had any issues with returns to Argos, but never returned a tablet/laptop.

As regards the 12 month warranty on the Dell, unless it was expressly noted on the T&C, then Argos/Dell would have to stand over the 12 month warranty. I think Dell were probably stretching the boundaries with that comment.

Anyway you are not restricted to Argos, try PC world, DID, PowerCity or online.
    My wife got a Samsung Tab, nice build but constant issue with wifi. We have got 3 x Lenovo and no issues (touch wood).

Presuming you do not wish to spend too much, so if your budget is less than €150 then these are ideal - good value and reasonably well-built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I was in a certain Electrical place today and i was told in one store that Levono are the best and to stay away from Samsung i went into another branch
    and the person told me the complete opposite is this a sales bonus

which really confused me nowas i was buying the yoga 10 inch aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi,

That's interesting - I never had any issues with returns to Argos, but never returned a tablet/laptop.

As regards the 12 month warranty on the Dell, unless it was expressly noted on the T&C, then Argos/Dell would have to stand over the 12 month warranty. I think Dell were probably stretching the boundaries with that comment.

Anyway you are not restricted to Argos, try PC world, DID, PowerCity or online.
    My wife got a Samsung Tab, nice build but constant issue with wifi. We have got 3 x Lenovo and no issues (touch wood).

Presuming you do not wish to spend too much, so if your budget is less than €150 then these are ideal - good value and reasonably well-built.

Hi

Both are very good - TBH

Its a matter of personal taste.

Yoga has great battery life. Samsung has a slightly higher processor and better screen resolution.

For €200 - they are both comparable. Lenovo has a different design with the rotating camera and stand.

What Cases/Covers are readily available? (you should really get a case)

Consider that you are going to use it for 2 years - so its €2 a week over that period. So if you really don't like your choice in a few weeks its not going to be a terrible decision. But either one will be great for Gmail, Facebook, Streaming, RTE Player, TV3, UTV, All4, Netflix, Music, Kindle Books, Google Books, Maps etc etc.

Advertisement