Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 33 fallout thread *spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

All those midnight workouts are doing the world of good for Stephanie. 3 kids and she has an amazing figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KKkitty wrote: »
    All those midnight workouts are doing the world of good for Stephanie. 3 kids and she has an amazing figure.

Midnight work outs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Not a bad show by an means but it got weak towards the end imo.

That Taker/Reigns match sucked the life out of me. Its sad to see Taker go out to a guy whos at a mid-card standard whos been constantly shoved down your throat.

But the worst thing was Taker, he really should of hung it up before this, the match was just sad. He couldn't perform properly at all, worst ive seen him. He looks crippled, couldn't perform the last ride and then that horrible tombstone reversal thing.

Sad to see him go like this. He was always my favorite. Wrestlemania wont be the same for me anymore with him not performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Midnight work outs?

Yeah, she and Hunter do them, Triple H always has videos on his Instagram, same with Stephanie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Midnight work outs?

Yep. Her and hunter have a gym in their house they work out at midnight as by the time they get back from the office and spend time with their kids and get the chores done they work out at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The returns of Angle, JR and especially Hardys made it a great show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The returns of Angle, JR and especially Hardys made it a great show

It feels appropriate given the names mentioned above.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It feels appropriate given the names mentioned above.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

All last night I was thinking of that meme :D It almost felt like we stepped back a few years. It was great seeing both Hardys looking so well though. I know they've been in TNA but I truly believe WWE is their home and where they should be. I know The Undertaker wasn't going to last forever but with Stone Cold, Mick Foley, The Rock only showing up when he can and Triple H not being in the ring on a regular basis it is the end of a never forgotten era in WWE.

I haven't watched regularly in years but this even struck a chord with me. All the best to the Dead Man in his retirement.

FimoS6E.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

watched some before going to work and before going to bed the night and then the rest after work.

shane vs aj was much much better than i expected

owens vs jericho was decent but could have been much better

raw womens title match was good and could have been great as people said if charlotte had kept the title til then and this was her first ppv loss and bayleys first win.

ladder match was fun. it was great seeing the hardys back. feel the new day should have been in it instead of enzo and cass to have woods and or kofi do a few more ladder spots to make it even more memorable.

skipped the cenas vs mizryse to see more before going to work so cant comment but the proposal just made everything mizryse said the last month right.

seth vs hhh was probably one of the matches of the night for me. good story telling and some decent spots.

this is when i went to work and had enjoyed it much more than i was expecting to this point probably raised my hopes for the rest of it

bray vs orton was far too short and could have done with wyatt kicking out of an rko or 2. the ending was just sudden and really burying wyatt who was meant to be a possessed powerful cult leader. very predictable

lesnar vs goldberg was better than i expected but short sudden ending and predictable genuinely this could have done with not having the title involved or not back to back with the other short predictable world title match. like combined both world title matches were barely 15 minutes.

smackdown womens title match too many involved and since naomi returned last week seemed like there was unlikely any other winner felt like filler which is a shame for these girls who work hard. genuinely the story of the womens title since it came to be lead me to think this should been a triple threat between becky , mickey and alexia.

roman vs taker was predictable and while started well spent for too long at the end being spear taker struggles up and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I watched up until the Tag title match last night. Styles vs Shane was better than I expected. Feel bad for Shane though because he basically hurt himself to get a reaction. The shooting star was impressive that far into the match but he fell with all the grace of a bag of cement right on his knees. His MMA offence was bad but I will never fault his effort.
    Owens vs Jericho was mildly disappointing but it didn't surprise me bar the Festival of Friendship it peaked around last November. Maybe they can do better at a later date but I doubt it. If that was a title match I'd be harsher. I really enjoyed the Raw Women's match. Jax offence looked great for the first time (I think Charlotte helped that). It felt a bit rushed & wish it got 5 more minutes.
    The tag title match, well watching it without the surprise takes a bit away from it. Great reaction for Matt & Jeff who hurried down the excessively long ramp. This match too felt really rushed early on, so some nice spots were missed by the fans. Cesaro standing on Gallows shoulders for a cool stomp was practically missed. Amazing it was the Hardy's second ladder match match in 24 hours.
    Didn't like the mixed tag at all. Felt like it was the first match on Smackdown rather than a Mania match. I hope WWE reward the job Miz done in the build up to this as he turned this turd into something people were invested in going into last Sunday.
    Dreading the HHH match so turned it off before it even started.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

XrRxESL.gif

This Tombstone reversal botch was such an embarrassment. Reigns clearly isn't as strong as he looks. Even Orton, who has never been known as a powerhouse - easily pulled that exact reversal off with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Pinkman wrote: »
    XrRxESL.gif

This Tombstone reversal botch was such an embarrassment. Reigns clearly isn't as strong as he looks. Even Orton, who has never been known as a powerhouse - easily pulled that exact reversal off with ease.

That's a bit harsh, he doesn't have any hold on takers torso and taker has no way of posting other then throwing his legs up in the hope reigns has a grip. Takers fault imo - he should have waited for reigns to take a second to gather his feet but he tried to rush the spot

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Cianan2 wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, he doesn't have any hold on takers torso and taker has no way of posting other then throwing his legs up in the hope reigns has a grip. Takers fault imo - he should have waited for reigns to take a second to gather his feet but he tried to rush the spot

His signature moves are a spear and a punch. Neither moves take much strength. Samoan drop mainly uses the opponent's momentum, very little lifting on reign's part. He also wears body armour to make himself look bigger.

NFL Report:
    Has had some minor durability issues in the past … Has natural strength, but needs to improve his overall power base (lacks stoutness at the point of attack) … Not the most instinctive lineman around, looking hesitant in locating the ball in trash and is sometimes late of the ball, taking too long to digest the action in front of him … When he gets too tall in his stance, he leaves his chest exposed and is then washed out on the play … Struggles vs. double teams, especially when he gets too erect at the point of attack (standing tall narrows his base) … Best when waiting for plays to come to him, as he lacks the lateral range to make plays on the move or seal the deal in back-side pursuit (effort is there, production is lacking) … Has started to gain confidence in his hands, but will still revert to leaning and pushing, using his body too much in attempts to bull rush … Needs a clear lane to the quarterback, as he doesn't have redirection agility to get back in the action when he out-runs the play … Lacks pass rush moves and won't ever be feared as a defender who can consistently collapse the pocket.

Obviously much stronger than the vast majority of people in real life, but plenty on the roster are stronger than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Watched the pre-show live , but waited till yesterday evening to watch the entire thing!

I really enjoyed it from start to finish. Highlights include Miz playing to crowd, Stephanie going through a table, Cesaro taking Jeff hardy's swanton bomb and sheamus rolling off the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is incredible that Hardy Boyz return video has almost gained 10 million viewers and still trending on Youtube.

It is incredible that Hardy Boyz return video has almost gained 10 million viewers and still trending on Youtube.

9,637,202 views so far to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Delightful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Cianan2 wrote: »

They both rushed the spot I think. Reigns should have lingered a bit to tease the possibility while giving himself a chance to gather himself, but he's over Taker's shoulder before you know it without any decent grip.

And I like Reigns a lot but no question he panicked there.

I'm not mad about the tombstone reversal spot anyway as unless it's Kane, no one is winning from it.

HHH vs Rollins was drawn out & heatless. Rollins lame Olympic entrance was almost intentionally worse than HHH's grand entrance before it. Credit to Stephanie for going through the table after Hunter faceplanted into her. I was just delighted it was over more than anything.
    I got through Wyatt vs Orton afterwards too. They tried something new even if it hasn't worked. Was surprised Bray lost the title but I find his feuds are interminable.
    3 matches left its looking like a 6/10 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

After the best part of a week I'm finally watching taker reigns and I know how this will end and actually nearly in tears :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Just finished watching.....holy jaysus 5 hours.
    Most of the matches were ok
    Ending was great...if a little sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I gave it an 8. Stop watching wrestling for 5 months and and only watched the raw and smackdown before.
    It was surprisingly an excellent mania.
    Couldnt believe AJ was relegated to shane o mac but it ended up been my favourite match. They put on a great show.
    AJ deserves a good feud now. I think AJ goes to raw now and sets up AJ V Balor. The real leader of bullet club all that.

Very surprised to see Sheamus and Cesaro somewhat over. They make a good team. Hardyz return was spoiled but was brilliant.

I thought the miz and maryse were brilliant on smackdown in the buildup but that ended up fast foward material and cringe wordy in the end.

Rollins v RipleH was a great match from a storytelling point of view. Realy good ending with Steph taking the table bump.

Lesnar and Goldberg was the best you could of booked that. Really enjoyable.

Orton and Bray was just meh. Poor bray has shocking ppv record.

Undertaker v Reigns was good match. Reigns has improved alot as a wrestler and has had some great matches but the bloke is never going to be over. Watching Raw the next night and its hard to see what you do with him. Hes no rock and regardless if hes face or heel there's no character there.

WWE is now in really good place now with the roster. If they book if correct with the new draft they could have some great storylines going forward.
    Was great seeing Finn back. I marked out seeing him. They made him look like a star.
    Vince must be able to see the reaction to Finn and Reigns. But their building Reigns to beat lesnar and thats that.
    It will be interesting to see what they do with Finn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

They really should turn reigns on a major heel turn if they expect fans to take him serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He's had 3 Wrestlemania main events in a row to get over, something only Cena and Hogan have done before him

There's nothing else they can do to get him over, every rocket has been strapped to him and he can't get any orbit, as I said before they're not just wasting a good heel in Roman they're wasting a foil for a face to get proper over

Took longer than expected but I finished Mania. A 6/10 & never considered anything higher. Nothing even close to MOTY quality on the show.
    I enjoyed the 2 Women's title matches on the show even if they felt rushed (especially the Smackdown one), the tag title match suffered the same from a lack of time it needed 5 more minutes. Goldberg vs Lesnar was as good as it ever was going to be & I enjoyed it. Styles performed admirably but what a waste of his talents this was. The US Title, WWE Title & main event were all very average. Orton winning the belt didn't bother me as I find Wyatt a total flop in ring & his promos miss more than hit. HHH vs Rollins was incredibly boring & killed the crowd dead.
    The production values however were 10/10 impressive(ok maybe not the snake/sperm in Orton's entrance). :o

Advertisement