Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating to Westport

Options
  • 03-04-2017 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

Looking for advice. I and my two children are relocating to Westport this July from East coast. I have found schools and maybe a job. As a lone parent, I would like to get involved in community etc. My one problem is finding accommodation.....The agencies say too early to look...but is there towns or places around Westport to look that would not be too far..are there school buses?

Any advice etc ..would be appreciated

Tks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

loufran68 wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for advice. I and my two children are relocating to Westport this July from East coast. I have found schools and maybe a job. As a lone parent, I would like to get involved in community etc. My one problem is finding accommodation.....The agencies say too early to look...but is there towns or places around Westport to look that would not be too far..are there school buses?

Any advice etc ..would be appreciated

Tks

Would the job be able to give you some pointers, usually when you relocate for a job they provide support in getting house and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

All the best on your move

The agencies you contacted may think you are looking for short term holiday letting- Big demand for that, but it is usually short term and relatively expensive.

Suggest you ask the agents if they have anything longer-term.

Suggest you read the Mayo News adds to get some feel for the local market

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dozydelilah13

long term is really hard to get as more money in short term. where is the job/ schools would be my first question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Big demand for short term lettings in Westport town and immediate area ( tourism )

May be some longer term lettings available further out from Westport.

May be worth contacting letting agents such as Frank Chambers Newport and Morahans Louisburgh

Advertisement