Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fit question/advice

Options
  • 03-04-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

I got a new bike. She's a beaut.

I had a bike fit done last year with Aidan Hammond and I gave all of the measurements to the bike shop to get them transferred to the new bike. It feels great for the first ~2 hours, but after that I get a bit of a twinge in my lower back (to the left of my spine, a tingle/twinge).

I thought it might have been structural and I went to the physio last week. I was out on Saturday and did 60k on the old bike no problem, but when I was out yesterday on the new bike I felt the twinge again.

Anyone any ideas what might need to change in the set up of the new bike?

Appreciate any advice. Cycling to Galway on Friday so don't want to be in agony on the day.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

If you have a turbo and someone you can borrow for a few minutes, put the old bike on the turbo and get your friend to take photos of you on the bike from the front back and either side, for cranks horizontal and vertical. Put the new bike on the turbo and take the same photos again from the same camera positions then compare your posture in the different sets.
    I got a new bike. She's a beaut.

And pics. We need pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Why not just take measurements yourself between the two bikes and see if there is any discrepancy. It's not that hard to check key things like saddle height, saddle set back, seat to bar drop etc.

If there are differences then either make the changes yourself or take it back to the shop to get it done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Bring the bike to Aidan and get him to check the measurements .... don't think he'd charge a lot for that service!

Advertisement