Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 car seats accross in hyundai tuscon 2017

Options
  • 03-04-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there. I am looking for some help. I have a hyundai tuscon 2017 and I am expecting my 3rd baby in July. I will then have a 4year old, 2 year old and a new born. So will need to fit 3 seats accross. I will have a maxi cosi issofix for new born behind passenger seat. And I currently have 2 maxi cosi swivels for my older 2 children. But was thinking what would fit 3 accross. I was thinking of getting 2 radion 5 's for the older two. Will they fit??? With the maxi cosi or do you have any recommendations??? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi there. I am looking for some help. I have a hyundai tuscon 2017 and I am expecting my 3rd baby in July. I will then have a 4year old, 2 year old and a new born. So will need to fit 3 seats accross. I will have a maxi cosi issofix for new born behind passenger seat. And I currently have 2 maxi cosi swivels for my older 2 children. But was thinking what would fit 3 accross. I was thinking of getting 2 radion 5 's for the older two. Will they fit??? With the maxi cosi or do you have any recommendations??? Thank you

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but the radian 5 is quite narrow, so fingers crossed! Your best bet is to go somewhere that sells the radian5 and actually try it out. Tony kealys is probably the only place. You will also probably have to belt the infant carrier rather than using the isofix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Following with interest! We have a 162 Tucson with a 3yr old and 9 month old. We are talking about a third child but can't see how we'd fit one in! Sorry I'm not more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

You should search on the below rear facing page or post your query, wealth of knowledge about fitting 3 seats in most car

https://www.facebook.com/groups/456353881062172/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I have a new style Tucson as well and tried a few combinations when I was expecting my third child. To be honest I think you'll struggle to fit seats for those ages. We were luckier in that my older child is six, and then a 3.5 year old and baby. We finally managed to fit in a Britax Advansafix for 3.5 year old, maxi cosi with base for baby and a bubble bum booster for the 6 year old. I don't think the Bubble bum would be good for a four year old though.
    We went for the Advansafix for the 3 year old because the version we had used a harness to 25kg so it means we don't need to be able to fit our hand down by the side of the seats anytime soon as we would have with a normal booster.

The middle seat in the Tucson is really narrow and the position of the seat belts is terrible when it comes to fitting in child seats.

What we did consider was a Multimac-it's a seat that gets fitted to your car and splits the seats into 3 or 4. If you google it it'll make more sense! Cost a couple of thousand but probably cheaper than changing the car (ours was only 2 months old when I found out I was pregnant!). The deal breaker on that for us though was that with their newborn seat you can't transfer that to a buggy like you can with maxi cosi etc, and I've so many school runs and drops to different places that I really wanted to be able to do that.

Hope that helps even if it's not good news 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clairemcadams

Thank you for your help. Yes it's very hard to know what to do. Going to Dublin next week so hoping some of the big stores will be able to help me out. I thought myself the radian diono 5's would work. Seen d multi mac , they look good but soo expensive and like that have my maxi cosi here with i candy buggy that I don't want to be left idle with either

• Advertisement
Advertisement