Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Bay CC Sportive Saturday 8th April

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Lads, that nearly killed me. I had no idea there was so much climbing on the route (Garmin told me 1740m, and that was without the final loop into the Bluestacks), and the last 40k or so were a heartbreaker for me. My lower back started giving me grief at about 60k (I was on the 140 route but skipped the last loop so ended up doing 120) and I was in agony the last 30k.

That said, the event was fantastic. Organisation was top class, signage, stewards, food all fantastic, and those views along the coast were breathtaking. Maybe next year I'll be stronger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Tough, scenic ,great weather, great soakage great organisation.
    A credit to Donegal bay cc.
    I will spread the word and I will be back.
    Chapeau

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Davef1000 I think the full route is 2200m of climbing according to map my ride. Well done all . I acutally don't know of a flat road round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

fat bloke wrote: »

Apart from the fcuker who routed us over the Sally and Wicklow gap equivalents over the last 20k, I can only crow about the fantastic organisation.

And for 15 euro. Mother of God it does make you question the prices demanded by other events and how it's justified.

Hard spin though. Hard route. And lots of strong lads eager to push on. But spectacular or any other adjective doesn't adequately cover the landscape. I had to continually remind myself to wrench my eyes from the wheel in front and admire the scenery and was glad I did.

There's no doubt but it's the template by which all sportives should be run.

I will take that as a compliment;) In fact a few lads training for the Marmotte thanked me at the end and saying it was just what they needed in preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Iwernia wrote: »
    I will take that as a compliment;) In fact a few lads training for the Marmotte thanked me at the end and saying it was just what they needed in preparation.

I spent most of the day tagging on (just) to a couple of Mullingar lads who were Marmotte training.

Let us know when the pics are up and I'll fully retract all the things I said about you on the last few climbs. :o

• Advertisement

fat bloke wrote: »
    I spent most of the day tagging on (just) to a couple of Mullingar lads who were Marmotte training.

Let us know when the pics are up and I'll fully retract all the things I said about you on the last few climbs. :o

Plenty of pics on our facebook page.

a wee video so you can reminisce on the day or see what you missed !

https://www.facebook.com/donegaltowncyclingclub/videos/1335914163161641/

hope you like it !!

DBCC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That is a class video very well put together.

Well done :)

Advertisement