Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of Exile - free on Steam.

Options
  • 03-04-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to draw attention to this game, which is free on steam. there are microtransactions but 10-15 hours in I haven't seen any reason why anyone would want to engage in them - maybe at end game.

It is an excellent game, like a more complex Diablo 2 LOD. All classes share the same passsive talent tree, but start at different points on it, so some classes are better suited for particular builds than others. Talent tree is extremely complex and there is no respec allowed. Skills/spells are obtained by socketing gems rather than by character class/levelling etc. There is a complex currency which is underpinned by vendors paying for gear with usable currency.

Voice acting is excellent and the story is engaging.

I have witcher 2 installed (and played a bit of it), witcher 3 waiting to be played after i have played witcher 2. I wanted to finish fallout4, then finish witcher 2, then move on to witcher 3.

Instead i have been sidetracked by this (FREE!!)) game and have played nothing but it for the last 3/4 days. It is great, highly recommended. I couldn't see an existing thread on it, apologies if there is one.

Anyway it will cost you nothing to give it a try, it is free on steam.

Advertisement