Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bryton 530E bike computer potential

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've a Bryton 50 and 60 and Cardio 40 watch. I had a 20 and a 40 too. Also have a Garmin 500. They are grand, and tick the same boxes as the Garmins I've used for the most part, however accuracy was a little off at times, though not that much and not on all of them.

The software is rubbish though, compared to garmin connect but they have a new broswer based platform that has better and quicker Strava syncing.

The Bluetooth on Brytons is I think not compatible with sensors. It's just for pairing with phones so you can quickly send data to the app.

They're still plugging away and improving. So long as your warranty is with Wiggle it should be okay too though, when it's out of warranrty it has to be sent to Taiwan,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've a Bryton 50 and 60 and Cardio 40 watch. I had a 20 and a 40 too. Also have a Garmin 500. They are grand, and tick the same boxes as the Garmins I've used for the most part, however accuracy was a little off at times, though not that much and not on all of them.

The software is rubbish though, compared to garmin connect but they have a new broswer based platform that has better and quicker Strava syncing.

The Bluetooth on Brytons is I think not compatible with sensors. It's just for pairing with phones so you can quickly send data to the app.

They're still plugging away and improving. So long as your warranty is with Wiggle it should be okay too though, when it's out of warranrty it has to be sent to Taiwan,

going from 310xt to dedicated bike computer with this one.
    BLE not a biggie for me as I have all ANT+ sensors.
    thanks
    J

whats the best way to upload?
    seems like bluetooth to phone but i would have previously synced 310xt watch to usb dongle(pain in the ass).
    anything would be an improvement.

can you sync direct to strava?
    thanks
    John

There's no direct sync. If you sync to phone via Bluetooth then the newer Bryton Active app has an option to auto sync with Strava. I think it needs be authorised more than once though. You can also take the files off as .fit .gpx and .bdx I think using Bryton Bridge and manually upload them to Strava or Bryton.

I actually only tried the new ap last night with my watch and it was okay. I had to manually upload but it synced to Strava quickly

Weepsie wrote: »
    There's no direct sync. If you sync to phone via Bluetooth then the newer Bryton Active app has an option to auto sync with Strava. I think it needs be authorised more than once though. You can also take the files off as .fit .gpx and .bdx I think using Bryton Bridge and manually upload them to Strava or Bryton.

I actually only tried the new ap last night with my watch and it was okay. I had to manually upload but it synced to Strava quickly

watches seem to be on sale everywhere.
    worth a punt?

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    watches seem to be on sale everywhere.
    worth a punt?

I'd probably not if you have a Garmin one already. I use mine mostly as a watch and barely for running at all. Got it on special offer when looking for a HRM

bit the bullet
    went for 530H.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=181508;menu=1400,1420,1421

200 bucks from bike 24 with HRM.
    looks pretty good.
    might take some time to get the syncing working between head unit phone and website.

set it up this afternoon.so used to garmin(lazy)
    could be a steep learning curve.
    nice unit.
    sunday afternoon first spin with it and i will report back.

is it that you can upload/download either BT or wifi and not both at the same
    time?

thanks
    John

Like it a lot,
    Delighted with purchase.
    Does all I need and potential for heaps more.
    Bargain at 160€ for head unit and barfly.
    Mine was 200€ with hrm belt.

• Advertisement

Advertisement