Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derrinturn, Carbury Opinions please

Options
  • 03-04-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

We are the one who got their mortgage in their 40 s and cant afford to stay in Celbridge, after 10 years of renting.

We are searching or a houses and looking for your opinions.

Is the Cluain Dara estate nice and quiet, any rough element down there?

Any word on primary schools and childcare, after school availability? Any activities, clubs for kids?

Would Derrinturn be nicer than much bigger Edenderry?

Thank you very much.
    Sab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Don't know a huge amount about them but been through them a few times, they're a bit off the beaten track in terms of transport. I would definitely go there on a Fri/Sat evening and check out each estate. Maybe even approach some shop owners/friendly looking locals and ask them a bit about the area.

Would you consider Johnstown Bridge? Nice village with some good estates & near Enfield which is handy for bigger shops (or indeed you could go to Edenderry, Trim or Maynooth). Or the town between there and Carbury - Kilshanroe. It's tiny so probably not even anything for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

Mink wrote: »
    Don't know a huge amount about them but been through them a few times, they're a bit off the beaten track in terms of transport. I would definitely go there on a Fri/Sat evening and check out each estate. Maybe even approach some shop owners/friendly looking locals and ask them a bit about the area.

Would you consider Johnstown Bridge? Nice village with some good estates & near Enfield which is handy for bigger shops (or indeed you could go to Edenderry, Trim or Maynooth). Or the town between there and Carbury - Kilshanroe. It's tiny so probably not even anything for sale!

Thank you for pointing other areas Mink.

The reason we wanted Derrinturn or Edenderry is that
    - We have to move out from our current rented house by June. We live in Celbridge.
    We will never probably be in financial state to buy here :(

And

Our daughter is in her 5 th year of post primary in Celbridge.
    We can only afford properties up to 170.000 and move somewhere where the 120 Bus stops and going Celbridge. Our daughter could finish her 6 th year and do living cert without changing school. Otherwise that would be too much unnecessary stress for her.

Our options are limited unfortunately...and I lost my intuition to wahat is right to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chitchat01

i have lived in derrinturn for 12 years, its a lovely little village. locals are very warm and welcoming.
    schools and creche are great, they have some after schools activities but nothing compared to big towns like celbridge naas, maynooth.

its a lovely realxed town with neighbourly feel.

the 120 bus goes through celbridge. only drawback is you are 25 minutes from naas for things like cinema shopping etc but edenderry is 5 mins up the road for food shopping

Advertisement