Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC build help

Options
  • 03-04-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Need to get a PC for the kid and not sure about what to spec.

1. What is your budget? €1300

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming but not sure what game he will get. He played quite a bit with stuff like EuroTruck Simulator and Minecraft but I'm sure he will start looking at other stuff if he get the rig that can support it

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, Windows 10

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22' or larger should do, minimum full HD

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard and mouse (wired for both), small 2.0 speaker, wireless card.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not at first.

8. How can you pay? Anything that go.

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I would really prefer to get it assembled. I've built enough machines that it won't be a problem if I need to build it but I don't want the hassle of it.

I've priced a build on MindFactory but not sure it make sense(it's quite a long time since I build a machine myself) and it's a bit above budget (even more so if you add shipping as it will probably come in multiple boxes):
    https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/b3eba122104cbbf38a534af4065c50439cbb1987dba0bd0fbb8

Comments

Advertisement