Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like for like

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That one's entirely down to the RFD alanmc; if they don't know you, they ought to be asking to see a driving licence for due diligence, but it's such a non-problem that few do.
    The photo on the card's not a bad idea but I'm sure it'd drive up the prices of getting them made up and was left off the list because of that (and because it's never really been a major enough problem to warrant spending money on - the flipside of us being a low risk to public safety is that we're also a low priority for public spending :D )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It was meant to be on the card or so i was told from the early meetings of the FCP back before the 22009 act and changing of the system. However the new laws and system were rolled out so fast they never bothered to implement it and as it "works" they probably never will. The law stills remains that photos are needed for this picture identification card/license even though they are not used.

I'd say the Gardaí have more pictures of me than my parents.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'...a sniper rifle from world war 2 [sic]...'

Yet another gem to put in the AGS book of gun-related howlers. Even ten seconds on-line would have shown -

Search the Web
    SEARCH Web Images Video
    News Tools SafeSearch
    History
    About 220,000 results
    Web Results

...concerning this cartridge developed in the middle-1950s from the parent cartridge, the 7.62x51 NATO round, itself developed in the EARLY 1950s.

If the lady Garda was interested enough to try and find out more, why not call up a freakin' GUN DEALER?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

alanmc wrote: »
    This reminded me. I was talking to one of the guys at work about shooting and I showed him one of my licenses. First question he asked was, 'how do they know it's you when your picture isn't on there'? (when I'm buying ammo like). It was a fair question that I couldn't answer. I never had to show any photo ID.

Bought some ammo online, and had to email photos of my driving licence, and of both sides of my licence. That, together with my card details, leaves a good trail to ensure compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I can't think of any other country that uses a firearms license document without ANY form of definitive identification on it, even though they are provided by the applicant with photographs in order to do it.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Cass wrote: »

I'd say the Gardaí have more pictures of me than my parents.

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

rang my FO yesterday regarding a sub 223 for a 243 he said the caliber is fine no problem when you get a cover letter from the NWPS stick it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hunter456 wrote: »
    rang my FO yesterday regarding a sub 223 for a 243 he said the caliber is fine no problem when you get a cover letter from the NWPS stick it in.

Nice one. What did you get in .243?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

alanmc wrote: »
    Nice one. What did you get in .243?

i got a weatherby vanguard 2 243, just received my cover letter from the NPWS.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    i got a weatherby vanguard 2 243, just received my cover letter from the NPWS.

Congrats.

• Advertisement

Update on this. Just got word that my Grant letter is in the post. It's going to cost me 80 bucks, but I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

alanmc wrote:
    Update on this. Just got word that my Grant letter is in the post. It's going to cost me 80 bucks, but I'm happy out.

I got the same call yesterday for my .308

I got the same call yesterday for my .308

It's a beautiful thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

alanmc wrote:
    It's a beautiful thing.

May the expensive ammo and significant other arguments begin

Advertisement