Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Tracker Watch

Options
  • 03-04-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi - my wife is looking for a pulse monitor and general fitness watch.

Can anyone recommend a a good value (bargain) version?

Could do branded (fitbit etc) or amazon versions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Have looked at Argos, Curries

Fitbit Charge is €156 (which is too much - pay for the gym for 4-6 months):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Xiaomi MiBand seem to get good reviews. I have a Fitbit Surge and wife has a Galaxy Fit2 - both north of €150 but both good, Galaxy won't work well with an iPhone whereas Fitbit works off its own APP so either platform.

The Xiaomi is available from Amazon UK but often mentioned on Boards from cheaper options. May be worth starting out with Xiaomi...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

thebiglad wrote: »
    Xiaomi MiBand seem to get good reviews. I have a Fitbit Surge and wife has a Galaxy Fit2 - both north of €150 but both good, Galaxy won't work well with an iPhone whereas Fitbit works off its own APP so either platform.

The Xiaomi is available from Amazon UK but often mentioned on Boards from cheaper options. May be worth starting out with Xiaomi...

The xiaomi is good but not a secure strap i found. Amazon had the EFOSHM BLUE wristband reduced there during the week, to about 12stg. Dont know what its like but for me the strap looks secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I would rate the Mi band, never had problem with the band, been using them 2 years.

On the Fitbit, I bought one for himself and he lost it, the clasp was not secure, my boss had the same happen to her, same model Fitbit, I was sick as it cost a lot, not even a month old.

The battery life on the old miband was a month, have the new one about ten days, have charged it once so far,

Definitely recommend the xiaomi

• Advertisement

My wife's arrived in the post yesterday. charged it up over night. So (she) will set it up tonight and mess around with it over the weekend. Will post review next week all going well.
    I did also purchase a multipack of colour/floral designed straps as well for her.

Bravobabe wrote: »
    My wife's arrived in the post yesterday. charged it up over night. So (she) will set it up tonight and mess around with it over the weekend. Will post review next week all going well.
    I did also purchase a multipack of colour/floral designed straps as well for her.

What did you get? From where? $$?

Hi, she got the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 on Amazon. It cost €32 delivered.
    She I very happy with it (has it about a week so can really give a detailed review yet - but everything seems to work well)

Follow-up - have this now 2 x months plus. Wife loves it. Good value for money. New updated app has more options and connects to Google fit. For the money - you cant go too far wrong (even as a digital watch and SMS/Call reminder, its good value, especially if you have your phone in a handbag).

Stepper seems to be fairly accurate as is HR monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mica087

Got one myself after reading about it here. Was going well until the display stopped working after first charge. couldn't get it back working!!
    Returned it to amazon in the end, might get anyone again at some point

• Advertisement

Hi, got myself a Mpow Smart Bracelet Heart Rate Monitor Fitness tracker as it was on offer for £20. It works very well. There is a newer version at £30 which is waterproof for swimming. Have mine a week and its decent for the price. Steps seem accurate and I've tested the HRM with the old fashioned manual system and after its accurate (allow 5 - 10 seconds for it to settle). Battery on this lasts about a week.
    I can't see any replacement bracelets available - so that may be a downside (compared to the Mi Band). So far - good value for the price.

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Follow-up - have this now 2 x months plus. Wife loves it. Good value for money. New updated app has more options and connects to Google fit. For the money - you cant go too far wrong (even as a digital watch and SMS/Call reminder, its good value, especially if you have your phone in a handbag).

Stepper seems to be fairly accurate as is HR monitor.

YEah think it is a great buy the mi band, but the strap let me down, just slipped off. Have to get a new one yet.

Advertisement