Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Post Mania Raw! *Wrestlemania Spoilers*

Options
  • 03-04-2017 4:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I feel this Raw is both big enough to justify it's own thread and is also one that will probably have a lot of non regulars reading it therefore I think a thread where they wouldn't have to wade through comments on weeks of previous shows or skip past the start of comments on this show by going to the last page of the Raw megathread is justified.

That said I don't want to be involved in any gimmick infringement and I know the Raw thread is Lithium93_'s yard so here I am quoting the big dawg from the other thread

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

Wrestling fans favourite time of year, the night after Wrestlemania.. What's in store of what will no doubt be a "bizzaro world" episode..

It’s my yard now
    Don’t say he didn’t warn you: Roman Reigns promised for weeks that he would defeat The Undertaker and assume command of The Phenom’s “yard.” And that’s exactly what he did, handing The Deadman only his second loss in over 25 years of WrestleMania matches. That puts The Big Dog in a position only one other Superstar – the current reigning Universal Champion – has found himself in. But what will the former WWE Champion set his eye on now that he has accomplished the unthinkable?

Bow down to the Kingslayer
    Say farewell to “Seth Rollins, pawn.” And say hello to “Seth Freakin’ Rollins, free man.” The Architect managed to knock off Triple H in a Non-Sanctioned Match to reclaim his independence, fulfilling his promise to become the person he was before The Game first offered to make him “The Man” in 2014. With Rollins’ destiny now firmly in his own hands, how will the two-time WWE Champion begin his own personal new era?

Hardy homecoming
    Delightful! Exquisite! Wonderful! The return of Matt & Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania was all that and much more, especially when they ended the reign of Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions. Now, after procuring Team Red's tandem titles, the Hardys come home to WWE’s flagship show, where they join a division that features no shortage of top-shelf tandem competition. The only question is, who among these teams will dare challenge them?

The List of Owens
    The Reign of Jericho is no more, and Kevin Owens is now United States Champion. Drink it in, maaannn. KO completely savaged his former best friend in WrestleMania’s battle for the star-spangled title, ultimately dethroning Chris Jericho to fulfill the promise he made following WWE Fastlane. So now The Prizefighter has his prize, and Jericho is certainly welcome to try to take it back. However, he clearly does so at his own risk.

Champion of the Universe
    Brock Lesnar is champion once again, having dispatched Goldberg to win his first Universal Title and the first title of any nature for The Beast Incarnate in two years. Now, The Conqueror finds himself once again at the top of the mountain and with a target on his back, which is just the way he and Paul Heyman like it. It will take a Superstar of epic proportions to mount a challenge over The Anomaly. Will such an individual present himself on Raw?

Tune into Sky Sports 5 @ 01:00 am

So Balor returns tonight? Matt & Jeff explain how Broken they will be? Kurt Angle to become the new Raw GM? Emma probably to re-debut too... what do you all think will happen outside the norm.

There will be boos for Roman that much is for sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Expect to be told by JBL and Cole how the WWE Universe are just having fun by booing the people they normally cheer, and cheering the people they normally boo.

Sure we're all mad for the craic lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

feel another Zayn vs KO fued for the us title

Reigns will prob go for the universal title. I wonder will we have a multi man match for no1 contender

Goldberg might leave for a while and might come back for a match at summerslam

Love to see Finn Balor come back but would not be surprised if they hold it off for a few more weeks

Can see maybe a fued between Joe and Rollins

New GM might be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess the Matt & Jeff will be kept together to put over one of the NXT call up teams and then split in the draft.

Jeff to also show Vince what a real baby face is compared to Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess the Matt & Jeff will be kept together to put over one of the NXT call up teams and then split in the draft.

Jeff to also show Vince what a real baby face is compared to Roman.

Matt can do the broken gimmick solo if they broke up in the draft

we have too get the Wyatts (bring luke harper back with them again) vs Hardyz

I wonder will Jeff get another world title run someday and maybe Matt might get a world title run too.

I hope we dont get another Matt vs Jeff angle down the road, its been done too many times

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I nearly look forward to this show more than Mania :D

Matt didn't shy away from Delete chants at all last night and I'd say they'll keep at them tonight. Returns, call ups. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »

Matt didn't shy away from Delete chants at all last night and I'd say they'll keep at them tonight. Returns, call ups. Can't wait.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any call ups tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if we got some too but Nakamura & The Revival for example are just as if not more likely to show up on SD imo while Raw already have the Hardy bros plus potentially Emma, Balor and a new GM (Kurt).

That said I hope they use the fact that they get the post mania crowd here and that if they wanna get anyone over who smarks might now more than casuals now would be a great time as a NXTer could get a great reaction from this crowd and seem a huge deal while they might not from some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lord TSC wrote: »

Did you see what they did on the WWE Snapchat? Full on Broken Matt /Brother Nero personas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah. Nakamura debuting tonight would instantly look a million bucks. The Hardyz will get a reception that makes them look God-tier.

I wonder what way Brock is going forward; I'd love a shock title loss tonight to someone like a returning Finn or to Strowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think I'll have to take A 2-3 hour nap when I get home if I'm to stand any chance of watching this live.

Only got 2 and half hours sleep last night. I've been on autopilot in work all day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not sure if I can stay awake for this tonight as much as I'm looking forward to it. Totally wrecked after 7 hours of WM last night. Might just record it, stay offline and watch it in the morning. However if I perk up in the coming hours that could all change...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Expect to be told by JBL and Cole how the WWE Universe are just having fun by booing the people they normally cheer, and cheering the people they normally boo.

Sure we're all mad for the craic lads....

Uh JBL is Smackdown exclusive, he won't be on RAW tonight :P

Don't forget Post Mania Smackdown Live tomorrow as well.

As for Post Mania call ups/returns, I can see Finn coming back tonight.

Shinsuke Nakamura maybe appearing on Smackdown Live tomorrow night, along with The Revival.

Probably won't be too many shakeups until the Draft.

Also the segment of Mania when The New Day interrupted the ladder match before it started, and The Hardy's made their glorious return. That video has been viewed 4 million times already.

Is KENTA fit and ready to get a call up yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Is KENTA fit and ready to get a call up yet?

Why do people use names from the persons former promotion - as if it makes them cool?

How long has he been contracted to WWE now? Do you still use Jon Moxley/Tyler Black?

It comes across as so tryhard.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Why do people use names from the persons former promotion - as if it makes them cool?

How long has he been contracted to WWE now? Do you still use Jon Moxley/Tyler Black?

Jeez man, calm down..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jeez man, calm down..

Probably one of the most annoying things 'smarks' do.

Anybody who isn't familiar with other promotions, and an Asian one at that, will have 0 idea who he is talking about (so quite a lot of people).

He has been going by his current ring name for 3 years.

So is he fit or not for a call up?

Probably one of the most annoying things 'smarks' do.

Anybody who isn't familiar with other promotions, and an Asian one at that, will have 0 idea who he is talking about (so quite a lot of people).

He has been going by his current ring name for 3 years.

Well guess what there's this magical tool called Google, would it do any harm for those who aren't familiar to maybe research, ya know instead of randomly firing off nonsense. Just a suggestion, albeit heavily sarcastic.

And there's nothing wrong with referring to wrestlers via their old ring name, maybe it's a habit for those who followed wrestler X before said wrestler jumped to WWE..

• Advertisement

So is he fit or not for a call up?

He is barely back and has 0 momentum.

They'll never push him with his injury record, and Nakamura has captured the WWE fans as Itami might have, but probably won't now.

He flopped. Combination of injuries and circumstance. Best chance of making it is in the Cruserweight division down the line now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://twitter.com/wweromanreigns/status/848975420506742784

Super Face Big Dawg Reigns continues. Long live his glorious face run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yeah I hate that stuff too.

Will there be any appearance/tribute to Mean Mark Callous after last night? Probably no appearance but I would love him to tombstone Reigns or give him the Very Last Ride

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know everyone looks forward to this night, but since the year of Fandangoing, it's been partially ruined by the audience only worrying about getting themselves over and not guys like Zayn. They boo Reigns because it's the smark thing to do but then for Cesaro they just worry about chanting random things.
    Though i am wondering how they handle Reigns since this is also the night they show they can do high quality Raws as well

Yeah I hate that stuff too.

Will there be any appearance/tribute to Mean Mark Callous after last night? Probably no appearance but I would love him to tombstone Reigns or give him the Very Last Ride

Who? I think you're talking about Texas Red :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know everyone looks forward to this night, but since the year of Fandangoing, it's been partially ruined by the audience only worrying about getting themselves over and not guys like Zayn. They boo Reigns because it's the smark thing to do but then for Cesaro they just worry about chanting random things.
    Though i am wondering how they handle Reigns since this is also the night they show they can do high quality Raws as well

I really hope we don't see the return of 'We are Awesome' chants. Absolutely unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Steph shouldn't be there and instead selling going through a table. But since there's no GM they need someone to run the show, so she will probably be there

Steph going through the table also really shouldn't be looked at as a comeuppance since it was accident and it was HHH who knocked her off the apron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I really hope we don't see the return of 'We are Awesome' chants. Absolutely unbearable.

Smug, self satisfied pond scum. I have a very clear mental image of that sort of fan. Sweating buckets in their ill fitting "I'm a hugger" tshirts.

• Advertisement

Fergal Devitt
    , sorry I mean
    Finn Balor
    was spotted entering the Amway Center in Orlando today..

Advertisement