Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Post Mania Raw! *Wrestlemania Spoilers*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There was a real Undertaker feel to that entrance. Initial pop was huge but when it came to him walking down it's like the crowd wanted to take it all in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭HankScorpio102

What is the point in Rollins even trying to sell his knee when he gets up everytime and does suicide dives et al

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What is the point in Rollins even trying to sell his knee when he gets up everytime and does suicide dives et al

What bothers me is that he 'wasn't cleared' last night but after a match where he constantly took shots to the knee, he's fine to compete tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

WWE should be using this hot crowd to set up new feuds and storylines.

They obviously just look at the crowd as an anomaly and don't even take it seriously.That's the tale of WWE. Wasted opportunities

Glad to see Finn back tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Brilliant shoot promo from Goldberg,it should have closed the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Goldberg possibly the first person I've seen to scare the sh1t out of a crowd to the point a WHAT chant was quickly axed. Fair play to him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is bit confusing whether or not Matt is still doing broken gimmick. I think they are only going to carry on with catchphrases without much explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to watch later have heard a few positive things

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It is bit confusing whether or not Matt is still doing broken gimmick. I think they are only going to carry on with catchphrases without much explanation.

I suppose they're stuck in a situation where most fans probably have never heard of the gimmick, so they have to tone it back a bit so as not to confuse them. It's a shame the draft is next week; a few weeks longer and I'd have advocated splitting them up so Matt could Break over on Smackdown.

Also, "Non-Traditional fans"? **** off! 25 years I've been watching. That crowd weren't "non-traditional". Quite the opposite. They're the hardcore fans who've stuck with you for decades. They didn't "boo the good guys and cheer the bad guys"; by and large, everyone presented as a good guy got cheered (Strowman included) and everyone presented as a bad guy got booed (Roman included).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Knew Finn would be the mystery partner.

Then ruined it for myself by thinking how cool it would be if he went heel to join Joe and Owens.

Have Rollins start the match, get beat down for ages and when he goes to tag Finn, he sees him back away. They all beat him down to form a group.

Bring the Shield together to battle them for a while before all go their seperate ways again.

I also wanted BIG E to turn on new day though. Without Reigns doing much, I was expecting a big angle at the end of the show.

Brock v Braun was a good set up, suckering in the idea if him facing Reigns. I guess that will be Mania main event next year now.

Great to see the positive reaction for Sheamus. He was badly received in recent years at this equivalant show.

The talent shake up could be interesting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The start to RAW was amazing. Reigns was brilliant. He got nuclear heat without saying a word, all he had to do was tease that he was going to speak.

Great to see Angle back on TV. His segment with Enzo was so funny.

The RAW tag division has gone from being something I'd just fast forward through to being must see with the addition of The Hardys and The Revival.

I hope Emma gets a decent push now that she's back. She looked really good in that match last night, would be great to see her get a title match on a PPV.

The crowd were awful for the Neville / Ali match. A really good match and the crowd paying no attention to it at all.

I thought it was a good RAW. I was happy with the returns and debuts, and very interesting to see what will happen with the changes to the rosters and what feuds they go with next.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was gonna mention this in the Live Mania thread, but it was locked, J.R didn't have any notes when he was calling Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker, what we heard from him was completely genuine.
    Nobody gave me any announcer notes, so what you heard me say about Reigns was real.

Rest of his interview with Sports Illustrated on the link below
    https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/04/03/jim-ross-return-wwe-wrestlemania-33-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was gonna mention this in the Live Mania thread, but it was locked, J.R didn't have any notes when he was calling Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker, what we heard from him was completely genuine.

Rest of his interview with Sports Illustrated on the link below
    https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/04/03/jim-ross-return-wwe-wrestlemania-33-interview

And that is why good ol' JR is better than any announcer that the WWE has had in the last few years.

KKkitty wrote: »
    And that is why good ol' JR is better than any announcer that the WWE has had in the last few years.

JR is the measuring stick any potential commentators should aspire to, but these days, it's so forced..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Graves really is excellent as a colour com. I genuinely laugh at some of the stuff he comes out with.

I hope they don't break up the partnership of himself, Cole and Saxton in the Draft. I think they work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

JR is the measuring stick any potential commentators should aspire to, but these days, it's so forced..

You just know they're reading from a script these days. You could replace them with robots and you'd barely tell the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Those fans are absolute morons. At least WWE have been kind enough to let us know we're going to hate what they're doing for Mania next year a year in advance.

Great to see Balor back, but I dunno, it felt like they've made these things feel bigger in the past, even though his entrance was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Saxton and Cole are terrible. Don't care if Vince is in their ear or not, they're just awful. Cole was okay for the UK tournament, but they really need to get a grip.

JR was a refreshing change for the Reigns / Taker match. He often put over how good of an athlete Reigns was and his background. None of this shouting "SU-PER MAN PUNCH!!!" every f***ing time he does it.

If I had my way, it'd be Corey Graves & Tom Phillips on RAW's commentary..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How dare they cut away during Emma's entrance? :)

Well the crowd didn't really help matters by chanting "Roman sucks" to Vince and then chanting "You suck" to Kurt. Mixed signals or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There was nothing mixed about the Fcuk off Roman chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Brilliant tweet from Reigns:

https://twitter.com/wweromanreigns/status/849271316695875585

If only they capitalised on this kind of attitude, he's just naturally cocky like the Miz. That segment last night was perfect, only if they're slowly turning him fully heel. He's already halfway there and they know it well, I doubt they'll ever actually pull the trigger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye If Vince had just said to him go for it and have him give his Die Rocky Die promo they would have a monster heel on there hands who could turn face next year and be totally over as the face of the company then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If I had my way, it'd be Corey Graves & Tom Phillips on RAW's commentary..
    A nxt reunion with triple h pulling the strings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saxton and Cole are terrible. Don't care if Vince is in their ear or not, they're just awful. Cole was okay for the UK tournament, but they really need to get a grip.
    That was a triple h produced show. Vince was nowhere near Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

The doctors wouldn't clear Seth to compete at Mania, but 24 hours later and after a 25 minutes match where his knee was smashed with a chair repeatedly, he is cleared? Bizzare booking. Surely he should've been attacked backstage instead of Jericho? I was cringing watching him do that crazy flip over the ropes on top of KO and Joe and landing on his knee. You would think he would ease back into things so soon after re-injuring his knee.

It would make sense for him to switch to Smackdown and feud with AJ and Orton for the belt as he will be stuck in the upper midcard on Raw for ages otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

enjoyed the show but it lacked a big huge moment (we all knew Finn would be back and Angle would be the new GM)

Great to see Finn Balor back but would of loved a heel turn and attacked Seth Rollins

So is Angle back full time or will Steph be back in a few weeks and eventually a power struggle will start leading to Triple H vs Kurt Angle at Summerslam with Kurts job on the line ??

So Lesner is going on holiday with the universal title for a while and will return in a few weeks to defend it against Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman. The next 2 Raw PPVs are Payback (Apr 30 Bank Holiday weekend :D) and Bad Blood (July 9th) and then Summerslam (Aug 20th), maybe a victorious title defence at one of those events and then he will lose the title at Summerslam to someone

So this Shake up thing happening next week, Is it a full draft or mini draft with only about 4 superstars changing brands ??.

Expect this

Joining Raw
    Bray Wyatt
    Apollo Crews
    Kalisto
    American Alpha
    Mickie James

Joining SD
    Seth Rollins
    Enzo and Cass
    Sami Zayn
    Jender Mahal
    Dana Brooke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought that crowd were annoying as hell. I thought Reigns handled the whole thing perfectly. Didn't look remotely flustered, knew when to pause for effect, and then totally owned them with 5 words: 'This is my yard now.' That was brilliant. He will be a great heel one day.

The disrespect shown towards the Neville/Mustafi match really pissed me off. 'Beachballmania'...f*ck off. This 'let's hijack the show' shtick is so irritating. I can understand Neville being upset. That was a good match which they sh*t on. They also sh*t on Goldberg as well despite him being a great asset to the company and helping boost ratings in Autumn when they were declining badly.

The Hardys are way more limited in what they can do than I expected. It was good to see Angle and Balor back. Dunno if it's just me but I thought Balor looked really devoid of charisma on the show. I don't know if he was emotional about being back or what but he offered nothing except readjusting his leather jacket. Honestly I was disappointed about that. I've seen him show a lot more personality. He was going through the motions really.

Also as much as I'm a fan of Balor I just can't buy him as a credible threat to Brock. If this were treated as a legit sport, Balor would be in the cruiserweight division while Brock is like a Super Heavyweight. Brock would annihilate him in real life. I know this is all a work but there has to be some credibility to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hell of a promo by Goldberg. Won over the knuckle daggers in the crowd who couldn't decide what they wanted all night & when they did get it they didn't care all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There was nothing mixed about the Fcuk off Roman chants.

Thought that was a bit much in fairness.

They'd made their point, there was no need to get nasty about it.

Advertisement