Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Insurance

• 03-04-2017 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I am extremely annoyed! On Friday evening I received a letter saying that my car insurance was cancelled having missed a payment.The most infuriating thing was that I never received the letter at the time I should have received it, it went back to your offices due to some problem with the mail.So now there is nothing I can do about making the payment as I have already missed the deadline for payment.I rang a member of your team today who acknowledged the mail issue,but said there was nothing he could do.My renewal date isn't due till August,so now having invested in this insurance for the year I will be not getting any value for the insurance policy, I should be reimbursed money by your company! Also what am I meant to do now regarding getting a new policy with your company or any other company as my history is blemished?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Johngoose wrote: »
    I am extremely annoyed! On Friday evening I received a letter saying that my car insurance was cancelled having missed a payment.The most infuriating thing was that I never received the letter at the time I should have received it, it went back to your offices due to some problem with the mail.So now there is nothing I can do about making the payment as I have already missed the deadline for payment.I rang a member of your team today who acknowledged the mail issue,but said there was nothing he could do.My renewal date isn't due till August,so now having invested in this insurance for the year I will be not getting any value for the insurance policy, I should be reimbursed money by your company! Also what am I meant to do now regarding getting a new policy with your company or any other company as my history is blemished?!

I would appreciate a reply from a member of your team here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Johngoose, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear of your recent experiencing with your car insurance. 

We would be more than happy to arrange a call from one of our dedicated representatives to discuss your concerns. If you'd like to send a Private Message with your name and contact number we'll arrange this for you. 

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. Then click in the link in my signature below to send the message. 

Thank you, 
    Elaine 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear of your recent experiencing with your car insurance. 

We would be more than happy to arrange a call from one of our dedicated representatives to discuss your concerns. If you'd like to send a Private Message with your name and contact number we'll arrange this for you. 

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. Then click in the link in my signature below to send the message. 

Hi Elaine,
    I have sent you on my details in a private message and I want this dealt with.

I have been landed in a sticky mess now because of Bank of Ireland cancelling my insurance without my prior knowledge. I will now have to declare that I had a previous policy cancelled.

Is there anybody available to give me a call?

• Advertisement

Funny I had the same problem with lack of communication, when I took out the car insurance,it took ages to get somebody to send me on my policy documents.

Am I entitled to money back seeing as my policy was cancelled about 5 months early, with most of the policy paid for?

Thank you, 
    Elaine 

Elaine can you give me a reply to either my post or private messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thank you, 
    Elaine 

Elaine can you give me a reply to either my post or private messages?

Good afternoon Johngoose,

Thank you for contacting us here.

We have replied directly to your private message.

Thanks,

Tara C

Thanks,

Tara C

Okay Tara who is going to read this complaint form that you want me to fill out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks,

Tara C

Okay Tara who is going to read this complaint form that you want me to fill out?
    Hi Johngoose,

All official complaints raised are handled and fully investigated by our Complaints Department. Once raised, you'll receive an update within five working days and if the investigation is going to take longer than this the team will let you know.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement