Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't seem to focus while studying at home

Options
  • 01-04-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm in 5th year and my school runs an after school study programme 5 days a week for 2 hours, and I can concentrate in it and study well. My problem is though when I come home to my desk I can't seem to study. I normally just study in the study programme and homework when I get home but at the weekends I can't seem to be productive at all. Spent 8 hours at my desk last Saturday and only got I'd say about 2 hours of actual study done. I just lose focus and start thinking about other things, not even go on my phone. I'm only in 5th year I know but how is this going to work in 6th year? I can't go to the library either - it's full with 6th years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Best option is to go the Library, they open at 9:45 on a saturday morning. Be there before they open and you'll get a good spot! The library will be full of loads of different people this time of year (accountancy exams and college exams are on soon) so by being there before it opens you'll be set up for the day! Think they open till 4:30ish on a Saturday, no need to stay that long but you will find yourself being a lot more productive there.

I can't study at home either, my local library and my college library where pretty much the only places I could get any work done, at home was just a massive waste of time for me.

Advertisement