Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of lease and part 4 notification

Options
  • 03-04-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Is email suffice in notifying letting agent that we will be continuing on under part 4?
    Only have a mobile number for landlord.
    Also I'd say letting agent will push for a new lease to be signed. I don't think I HAVE to?
    But it benefits us I think as it would be a 12 month lease AFTER 4th December so next year we'd be entitled to the 6year part 4 I think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Dee5 wrote: »
    Is email suffice in notifying letting agent that we will be continuing on under part 4?
    Only have a mobile number for landlord.
    Also I'd say letting agent will push for a new lease to be signed. I don't think I HAVE to?
    But it benefits us I think as it would be a 12 month lease AFTER 4th December so next year we'd be entitled to the 6year part 4 I think?
    Email most definitely does not suffice. The law applies both ways you know?
    Write a letter, date it and sign it and hand it over or post it registered to the agent.
    You are not entitled to 6 years, just 4 years since your tenancy started before 24th of December 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

GGTrek wrote: »
    Write a letter, date it and sign it and hand it over or post it registered to the agent.
    You are not entitled to 6 years, just 4 years since your tenancy started before 24th of December 2016.

Cheers thought as much reg post it will be so. Could only find template of wording online.
    I'm aware as the lease started before 24th December, part 4 is 4 years.
    However if anew 12 mth lease was signed this year I'm wondering would the 6 year part 4 be applicable even though original start date was pre 24/12/16.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Dee5 wrote: »
    GGTrek wrote: »

Cheers thought as much reg post it will be so. Could only find template of wording online.
    I'm aware as the lease started before 24th December, part 4 is 4 years.
    However if anew 12 mth lease was signed this year I'm wondering would the 6 year part 4 be applicable even though original start date was pre 24/12/16.
    Your part 4 tenancy start date is unaffected by a new lease who would run concurrent to your part 4 tenancy. So the 6 years length will only apply after the current part 4 tenancy 4 years are up and only if you do not receive a valid termination notice in the mean time.

Advertisement