Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetal Screening - Where do I start? Which ones?

Options
  • 03-04-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some advise here? I am not looking for specific medical advise in this forum ( I just wanted to make this clear incase the thread is locked :D).

We have have recently found out that I am further in my pregnancy than expected, 22 approximately as per private ultrasound consultation :)

Anyway, we would like to have fetal screening done and I don't even know where to begin. I am hoping to book into somewhere on Wednesday and was just wondering if anyone has recommendations?

What tests are available if I pay privately and are they expensive? What does the screening do? How long do I nee do wait for results ?

So many questions !!

We also need to organise maternity care in a hospital and I think I will go to Rotunda but I know there probably won't be appointments for fetal screening at such short notice so we would rather just pay to go somewhere reputable instead of waiting.

The last time I was expecting was 11 years ago and I don't think there were tests or detailed scans back then so I am pretty lost as to where to even start looking :D

Any advise would be *very* welcome.

Thank You :p

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Rotunda do routinely provide an anatomy scan. Given your advance stage they may slot you in regardless, if I was you I would ring the ultrasound dept and talk to them first before paying privately.
    After that personally we used Babyscan.ie for various different reasons and they were great, gave us a video of the scans we had too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Advertisement