Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Road Race Championships, Monday May 1st, Gowran, Kilkenny

Options
  • 03-04-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Just checking the fixtures and noticed these champs not listed anywhere, normally ran on the May bank holiday Monday, anybody know if they are still going ahead?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tallaght 5k April 30th no?

EDIT: That's the Dublin Novice Championship I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Gowran AC have it listed on their fixtures page

Maybe give the Leinster secretary or Road races secretary a shout?
    https://athleticsleinster.org/contact-us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

AAI Road Relays are on 17.4.17 in Raheny?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nothing on their calendar, unless it's the 10 mile championship you're thinking of?
    https://www.athleticsleinster.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

There's usually a 5k in Gowran on the bank holiday weekend, which is the Leinster championship. You can see it listed on the Leinster results pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

RayCun wrote: »
    There's usually a 5k in Gowran on the bank holiday weekend, which is the Leinster championship. You can see it listed on the Leinster results pages
    Yeah, the Leinster novice and masters road, enjoyable race normally, 1500m lap, half uphill, then back down again, not for the faint hearted

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

We, Gowran AC, are hosting this again this year. 6k for men and 3k for women. It's been moved to the Saturday from the Monday. It's on at 12. I think the laps make it a good tactical race, it starts downhill, usually very fast, feels great for about 800m and then.....

Gowran is about 2 miles from J7 on the M9 - about 60 - 70 minutes from Dublin, depending on the traffic around Naas and Kerry Group.

Any questions, fire ahead - I'll do my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    We, Gowran AC, are hosting this again this year. 6k for men and 3k for women. It's been moved to the Saturday from the Monday. It's on at 12. I think the laps make it a good tactical race, it starts downhill, usually very fast, feels great for about 800m and then.....

Gowran is about 2 miles from J7 on the M9 - about 60 - 70 minutes from Dublin, depending on the traffic around Naas and Kerry Group.

Any questions, fire ahead - I'll do my best.
    Ah good stuff, looking forward to it

Mods - can we change the thread title to

Leinster Road Race Championships, Sat 29th April, Gowran, Kilkenny.
    and i'll post information and updates here then.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Mods - can we change the thread title to

Leinster Road Race Championships, Sat 29th April, Gowran, Kilkenny.
    and i'll post information and updates here then.

thanks

no problem

• Advertisement

Hi

We have just found our that the date for this has been moved back to the bank holiday Monday at 12pm to avoid a clash with the AAI AGM.

Can we change the thread title to Monday May 1st again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Can we change the thread title to Monday May 1st again?

Make up your minds :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm running this apparently, anyone else heading down? despite growing up there this will be my first race in Kilkenny!

Advertisement