Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lose spokes - Again!

Options
  • 03-04-2017 9:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a set off Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S Wheelset. Was going great until about a month ago.

Rode through the summer/winter on them.

The back wheel was slight out of tru so brought them back to the LBS about a month ago. A few rides later most of the tension in the spokes went. Brought it back again. Another few weeks later and most of the tension in the wheel is gone again.

Looking at the nipples I'm wondering have they cracked and as a result why they keep losing tension? Are they ****ed at this stage? A bit pissed off if they are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

How old are they? Where did you buy them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I need to double check but I reckon less than a year. Bought them in the LBS where I have brought them back twice. Not sure if I have a receipt

Advertisement