Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built in postbox on stone wall

Options
  • 03-04-2017 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Building entrance walls/piers in natural stone and looking to have a postbox built in.
    Simply dark grey or black contemporary design preferred.
    Ideally put letters in from outside entrance and have door to take them out behind the wall.

Any suggestions for something that will stand the test of time/weather?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

how wide is the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

venlo wrote: »
    how wide is the wall?

8 Meters long, about 1.4meters high and 450mm depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

rodge123 wrote: »
    8 Meters long, about 1.4meters high and 450mm depth.

in your siuation i would get a local fabricator or engineer to make up the post-box you want, your stone-builder can decide the dimensions,

i reckon you can do that for max. 200 quid,

what i was going to reccomend was the "an post" post box that is good quality for 70 quid, but you would have to open it from outside your wall

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/Parcel+delivery+services/DeliveryBox.htm

venlo wrote: »
    in your siuation i would get a local fabricator or engineer to make up the post-box you want, your stone-builder can decide the dimensions,

i reckon you can do that for max. 200 quid,

what i was going to reccomend was the "an post" post box that is good quality for 70 quid, but you would have to open it from outside your wall

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/Parcel+delivery+services/DeliveryBox.htm

What are the important things to ask fabricator to do n terms of making sure it's future proffed and wont be rusting/falling apart in a few years?
    I think there is a local fabricator up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mol8102

Did you opt with getting the postbox made? If so what cost did it come in at?
    Looking at postboxes at the moment and it's difficult to find a physical store you can go look at some. Shops near me all have the same ones and the ones I like are top loading which is no good to me. Need it to be front opening/loading so that it can be built into a wall. The postboxes that are front opening tend to be around €29.99 - €39.99 but as it will be recessed into wall would prefer to go with something a bit more substantial that will last.... Came across a nice one postboxes[dot]ie but it's a bit pricey at €240.... Also, just an online store.

Any help/advice appreciated!

mol8102 wrote: »
    Did you opt with getting the postbox made? If so what cost did it come in at?
    Looking at postboxes at the moment and it's difficult to find a physical store you can go look at some. Shops near me all have the same ones and the ones I like are top loading which is no good to me. Need it to be front opening/loading so that it can be built into a wall. The postboxes that are front opening tend to be around €29.99 - €39.99 but as it will be recessed into wall would prefer to go with something a bit more substantial that will last.... Came across a nice one postboxes[dot]ie but it's a bit pricey at €240.... Also, just an online store.

Any help/advice appreciated!

Got this one. Happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

rodge123 wrote: »
    Got this one. Happy with it so far.

thats fine if your only getting letters.what happens if you order something on amazon or its bigger and thicker than an a4 size envelope?
    youll end up going to the local post office to collect it(if you are not at home that is)

thats fine if your only getting letters.what happens if you order something on amazon or its bigger and thicker than an a4 size envelope?
    youll end up going to the local post office to collect it(if you are not at home that is)

Sometimes things are left with neighbour, sometimes I work from home. For the odd time I need to collect something from post office, I’m happy to do that.
    Looks nicer too just having a slim letter box built in flush with stone wall.

Advertisement