Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Materials

• 03-04-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just want to get some feedback on opinions about buying painting supplies from the big chains vs buying from paint centers.

Basically I have been renovating and tend to do painting later in the evening or on a Sunday and often have to pop into the chains to get supplies. Specifically I have a problem with the following from 2 local chain stores:

Own brand Satin wood paint * 2 tins - difference in color between the two tins, didn't bind to the wood. Fixed using paint from a paint mixing center.

Mini roller kit with the above - bubbles

Paint brushes with above (even non-shed) - leaves bristles in the paint

10 pack rollers with matt paint - bubbles, not good finish.

Microfibre roller - left fluff on the paint (i know check before but no mention of it on packaging)

Paint pad * 2 - one worked well, 2nd one pad was misshapen so tended to over flow a bit

Paint guard - leaked

Admittedly I am not the most experienced painter, but I just don't get issues from supplies from building suppliers or paint centers. I can't believe the chains are supplying poor quality supplies and still get business, but I have had a lot of issues with a range of equipment, and not the cheapest either.

Anyone else noticed that?

Advertisement