Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Warehouse Deals £20 off £100

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Picked up a Huawei Watch I didn't really need! Cheers OP :P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Have a laptop in my basket from Amazon warehouse and can't see offer of £20? I have proceeded to checkout and on the pay now screen. The laptop is £209. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's selected products only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Looking at this led me to the Pebble Time Steel smartwatch that's on sale (new) for £80

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pebble-Time-Steel-Smartwatch-Black/dp/B011VB1XDE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Looks like a good deal to me

new.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

The 10 day battery life is the main attraction for me.

If I bought one, I wouldn't keep it connected to the phone all the time, but apart from reading the Time can you do much with the watch without connecting it to the phone?

I think you can run the MisFit app to keep track of your daily steps, and probably play games on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

mrcheez wrote: »

If I bought one, I wouldn't keep it connected to the phone all the time, but apart from reading the Time can you do much with the watch without connecting it to the phone?

I can't think of any reason, why you wouldn't keep it connected to the phone all the time. It doesn't do all that much even when it's connected, without a connection you would be better off with a Casio for a tenner.

• Advertisement

I can't think of any reason, why you wouldn't keep it connected to the phone all the time. It doesn't do all that much even when it's connected, without a connection you would be better off with a Casio for a tenner.

I guess if I go out running I wouldn't carry a phone with me, or want to use it as a general activity tracker, but then connect it to the phone when I want it for that purpose (text messages/weather etc).

From what I read it tracks your steps, plus you can get extra straps for monitoring heart rate.

Additionally I don't always have data connection turned on, so really just interested in what you can do with it without relying on a data connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Or a €10,000 Panerai :D :pac:

Found this thread which has a comment describing the exact situation I would imagine... where one uses the watch purely to tell time and as fitness tracker, without worrying about using the phone connection aspect (guy on his holiday for 2 weeks)

https://forums.pebble.com/t/does-the-pebble-2-pebble-time-2-need-a-phone-at-all/20843/2

60% battery left after 2 weeks usage... SOLD! :)

Additionally I don't always have data connection turned on, so really just interested in what you can do with it without relying on a data connection.

Personally I deem it useless if you don't have your phone with you.
    A fitbit is handier to use as a fitness tracker or to tell the time.
    Connected to phone, it's handy to see text messages or notifications.
    I also like it when using bluetooth headphones connected to your phone, it makes a good remote control to see what you are listening to, forward songs, pause etc.
    It's nice to play with for a while, and it's got a great battery.

Personally I deem it useless if you don't have your phone with you.
    A fitbit is handier to use as a fitness tracker or to tell the time.
    Connected to phone, it's handy to see text messages or notifications.
    I also like it when using bluetooth headphones connected to your phone, it makes a good remote control to see what you are listening to, forward songs, pause etc.
    It's nice to play with for a while, and it's got a great battery.

Is this the one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/50t/Fitbit-Blaze-Smart-Fitness-Watch-Black-Silver/B019VM3CPW/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1491405560&sr=1-6&keywords=fitbit

Only 5 day battery and twice the price difference... but it seems to do most things the pebble can that I might use it for (weather apps / notifications etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Looking at this led me to the Pebble Time Steel smartwatch that's on sale (new) for £80

I picked up a pebble time steel new from Ibood for €92.45 a few months back, and its been on sale there again at least once since then. Its not that this is a fantastic offer from the warehouse, but the price of the watch dropped when Fitbit bought the company and shut them down

They still show up cheap on hotukdeals every so often

I picked up a pebble time steel new from Ibood for €92.45 a few months back, and its been on sale there again at least once since then. Its not that this is a fantastic offer from the warehouse, but the price of the watch dropped when Fitbit bought the company and shut them down

They still show up cheap on hotukdeals every so often

Ya that's the only risk, that the warranty won't last. It's not sold by Warehouse incidentally, it's a 3rd party seller.

I've found a few threads regarding apps you can use without the phone, and many you can use with it, so for €93 it could be handy for an upcoming trip I'm making, particularly the TripAdvisor app which will save me having to walk around with the bloody phone in my face all the time while navigating somewhere.

Yeah, I think the Pebble Steel eventually got reduced to £59.99 + postage on iBood.
    At that price, it's great to play with and I listed some of the uses earlier.
    As with most smart watches, they don't do a lot without the phone and with the phone, they arguably do little that the phone doesn't do fine without the watch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I got a Pebble original for €40 a couple of months ago to see if I was a Smartwatch type person. The apps aren't supported any more and while it's handy for notifications and the watchfaces are nice, it's a let down as a fitness tracker and pretty useless without the phone. I can start and stop Map my Run with the watch but that's about all it can do. It was just about worth what I paid but the Steel is a later model so may be better. Pebble watches aren't really supported now so that's worth keeping in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

One thing to note is that Pebble has gone out of business. So if you update your phone it might break the app or the connection to the watch, and there'll be no fix for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jakdublin wrote: »
    I got a Pebble original for €40 a couple of months ago to see if I was a Smartwatch type person. The apps aren't supported any more and while it's handy for notifications and the watchfaces are nice, it's a let down as a fitness tracker and pretty useless without the phone. I can start and stop Map my Run with the watch but that's about all it can do. It was just about worth what I paid but the Steel is a later model so may be better. Pebble watches aren't really supported now so that's worth keeping in mind.

I looked into it and the offline functionality I like is:

- It acts as a WATCH (!) in that you don't need to worry about recharging it every day (I already have about 12 devices that need daily charges... so I often don't bother!)

- Change watchfaces according to the style you like

- Compass/pedometer

- Alarm

- Timer - I can get rid of my little egg timer now ;)

- Pebblets (multi-tool like calendar / calculator / etc)

- Plus a host of little games to pass the time in boring meetings ;)

So essentially it acts like a watch when offline mainly because the battery doesn't run out on a daily basis and you can get even up to 3 weeks in some cases (even when the battery dies it still can read out the time for a few days extra).

Then when I connect it to my phone I get all the handiness of maps and notifications (save me constantly having to log on to check my new gmail).

I hate walking around with a phone, and this lets me get the functionality I mainly use while leaving my hands free.

Can see it being very handy for navigation around cities while abroad... when I was in Japan I had one eye on my phone, and one eye on the street ahead. Almost dropped the phone a few times rushing for a train etc, not to mention I had only one hand free.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

iggy wrote: »
    Have a laptop in my basket from Amazon warehouse and can't see offer of £20? I have proceeded to checkout and on the pay now screen. The laptop is £209. Any ideas?
    I added 2 items totaling £102 from the Warehouse, both sold by Amazon. In the shopping basket I wasnt getting the £20 discount but I ordered anyway then immediately opened a chat with support and they applied the £20 for me manually. If they hadnt I wouldve cancelled the order before dispatch.
    They told me you have to initiate your shopping from the page detailing the offer (the link the OP sent) and that will get the discount applied. I thought I did but the discount didnt apply so possibly a bit glitchy.
    hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

That's probably my watch that I sent back last week lol

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    I added 2 items totaling £102 from the Warehouse, both sold by Amazon. In the shopping basket I wasnt getting the £20 discount but I ordered anyway then immediately opened a chat with support and they applied the £20 for me manually. If they hadnt I wouldve cancelled the order before dispatch.
    They told me you have to initiate your shopping from the page detailing the offer (the link the OP sent) and that will get the discount applied. I thought I did but the discount didnt apply so possibly a bit glitchy.
    hope it helps

Chat worked for me too. Thanks for the tip. just ordered a BenQ 24inch HD monitor with built in speakers - delivered for £86

• Advertisement

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    hope it helps

It seems not all items in Warehouse Deals qualify for the discount... Only those linked under the promotion page...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

I did an order of warehouse items Sunday night before the offer expired and it didn't knock the discount off so I emailed amazon and this is the first email back
    I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received the GBP 20.00 discount promotion for your order #xxxxxxxx

I've now checked this issue with our promotional team and they have confirmed that you have not followed the redemption steps correctly while placing this order.

The order confirmation email clearly says that there was no promotion applied to this order due to which you were charged GBP 103.70 for this order.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that we can't apply the promotion of GBP 20.00 for this order. As per our policy, we're unable to honour a promotional deal if you do not complete your order as per the terms and conditions of the promotion within the promotional period.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of another promotion in the future.

This is the second email back
    From your e-mail, I can understand your concern about the promotional discount of 20% for the ware house deals item which is over 100GBP.

I have checked and confirm that the items you have placed in the order # xxxxxxx are not eligible for promotional discount.

Please be informed that each of the warehouse deals item should cost over 100GBP and if an item cost more than 100GBP, the promotional discount of 20% will automatically apply in the checkout process.

I'm sorry, If you are not aware of this.

Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us back and we'll be glad to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Honestly I am pretty disappointed with amazon. I don't really recall the offer saying that items had to be over 100 but I don't have a screen shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

loopymum wrote: »

Honestly I am pretty disappointed with amazon. I don't really recall the offer saying that items had to be over 100 but I don't have a screen shot

The title of this thread doesn't do much for your case!

ElNino wrote: »
    The title of this thread doesn't do much for your case!

I think Loopymum was saying that the ITEM had to be over £100 as opposed to your order total

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had a £196 item in my basket and a few routine bits and bobs and the £20 was not applied, I started a chat and yer man said to order and they would apply the discount so I banged the order in during the chat and we got it sorted in real time.
    Amazon CS is always excellent and pro shopper in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

OP here, to the best of my recollection it was very obvious it was off an item over £100, my link went straight to the items that were included in the deal and it was a limited enough range definitely not every warehouse item. If you went into the warehouse section via main amazon page and ordered something it may not have been one of the valid items and so not entitled to the discount. Sorry if I misled anyone but thought I was fairly clear with the link.

OP here, to the best of my recollection it was very obvious it was off an item over £100, my link went straight to the items that were included in the deal and it was a limited enough range definitely not every warehouse item. If you went into the warehouse section via main amazon page and ordered something it may not have been one of the valid items and so not entitled to the discount. Sorry if I misled anyone but thought I was fairly clear with the link.

afaik the last time they did this it was a discount when the ORDER TOTAL was over a specified amount.

Certainly that's the way it worked last year (November I think?) when I ordered several small items from the Warehouse in order to bring it up to the required total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

loopymum wrote: »
    I ...

Please be informed that each of the warehouse deals item should cost over 100GBP and if an item cost more than 100GBP, the promotional discount of 20% will automatically apply in the checkout process.

I'm sorry, If you are not aware of this.

Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us back and we'll be glad to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again.

I think she means the "each" in the following context - If you ordered 6 items and 4 only were in the discount promotion then each of these - 4 in total would have to be over 100.00 . In other words " all promotion items"
    the promotion was only for Selected items - not everything in warehouse e, the same as other occasions, if the discount was applicable the promotion "line" appears under the price - or did from memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Raging. Only bought a router on Sunday and it arrived already. Was ?118 and now ?92

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Anybody know of a mailforwarding service that provides an address in Mainland UK? Item i'm trying to order (Tiny item) is not delivering to Parcel Motel up north or my Ireland address.

Suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Anybody know of a mailforwarding service that provides an address in Mainland UK? Item i'm trying to order (Tiny item) is not delivering to Parcel Motel up north or my Ireland address.

Suggestions?

Addresspal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

gizmo555 wrote: »

I know - when used they should double the price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

Suggestions?

Have you tried DPD Parcel Wizard? Cheaper than ParcelMotel, and they deliver directly to your chosen address.

Have you tried DPD Parcel Wizard? Cheaper than ParcelMotel, and they deliver directly to your chosen address.

MAINLAND UK?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

They only provide an NI address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bromley52 wrote: »
    They only provide an NI address.

They have a virtual address like PM but deliver to your ROI address unlike PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Addresspal

Nice one for that.

Ordered something (not from Amazon) that was £35 carriage to the North or Republic, but free on mainland UK.

Boom! :D

It wasn't a bomb, btw. :o

Advertisement