Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate remote controlled zone for garage

• 04-04-2017 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Been a while since I've had to think about alarm systems, but wondering if a thing I'm thinking of is possible.

Getting an alarm system fitted/retrofitted to an existing place with attached garage - I'd like to be able to disable the garage zone with a remote or clicker, and then disable the rest of the system normally by entering -- does your average bog-standard hjc system have the bells and whistles to do that?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most would allow for this. I have done a lot of areas like this with GSD and Siemens Vanderbilt.
    If you are looking at upgrading check with your installer first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Been a while since I've had to think about alarm systems, but wondering if a thing I'm thinking of is possible.

Getting an alarm system fitted/retrofitted to an existing place with attached garage - I'd like to be able to disable the garage zone with a remote or clicker, and then disable the rest of the system normally by entering -- does your average bog-standard hjc system have the bells and whistles to do that?

Yes most systems can have a fob added to turn off an area then a keypad with code for the rest of the house or you could have just a keypad in the garage to turn off both areas.

Advertisement