Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Cyclist talk- What to talk about

Options
  • 04-04-2017 8:22am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Odd questions possibly, but if you were to get a PRO cyclist to give a talk what topics would draw in a crowd?
    We are hoping to get a pro cyclist into the club but I'm stuck on what would interest cyclists.
    Also what would you charge?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yop wrote: »
    what topics would draw in a crowd?
    unfortunately, and at the risk of sounding facetious, i suspect the hot topic would be drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

unfortunately, and at the risk of sounding facetious, i suspect the hot topic would be drugs.

Just about to post the same.

TUEs as an extension on the drug topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

We've had pro athletes in to our club sometimes.

People always ask about nutrition.
    You could ask them to talk about race preparation and race strategy (your members race?), and go from there to talk about some races they've been in, war stories are always popular.

I'd avoid charging if possible, do it as a perk of membership. If you have to charge, just do the minimum to meet costs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

RayCun wrote: »
    We've had pro athletes in to our club sometimes.

People always ask about nutrition.
    You could ask them to talk about race preparation and race strategy (your members race?), and go from there to talk about some races they've been in, war stories are always popular.

I'd avoid charging if possible, do it as a perk of membership. If you have to charge, just do the minimum to meet costs.

Cheers. We need to cover his and the venue costs. Would a fiver sound reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

yop wrote: »
    Cheers. We need to cover his and the venue costs. Would a fiver sound reasonable?

Yes, but charging anything will probably reduce the numbers there, so I'd try to cover the costs from general club funds to maximise turnout

• Advertisement
Advertisement