If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE55KS7000

Options
  • 04-04-2017 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi 

I have been looking at this TV for a while now and was wondering on your thoughts between it and the Sony Bravia KD55XD8599BU?

What price can you offer the samsung for as i would like to buy from the boards guys.

The other issue I have is I have a nice set of Harmon Kardon soundsticks but there is no headphone jack on the Samsung. I have tried a convertor from amazon but that only gives single audio output and I can change the volume with the remote it just stays the same

Cheers in Advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kod12 wrote: »
    Hi 

I have been looking at this TV for a while now and was wondering on your thoughts between it and the Sony Bravia KD55XD8599BU?

What price can you offer the samsung for as i would like to buy from the boards guys.

The other issue I have is I have a nice set of Harmon Kardon soundsticks but there is no headphone jack on the Samsung. I have tried a convertor from amazon but that only gives single audio output and I can change the volume with the remote it just stays the same

Cheers in Advance
    Hi kod12,

I actually prefer the Sony over the Samsung. Having ran them both side by side on our shop floor I was more impressed by the panel on the Sony, it's sharper, the colours are more natural and the Android Smart system is better. I also find the black levels much better on the Sony panel.

There is also a headphone jack on the Sony.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works! But I do think the Sony is a better TV. That's not to say the Samsung is bad, I just find the panel a bit softer.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭kod12

Hi 

Cheers in Advance
    Hi kod12,

I actually prefer the Sony over the Samsung. Having ran them both side by side on our shop floor I was more impressed by the panel on the Sony, it's sharper, the colours are more natural and the Android Smart system is better. I also find the black levels much better on the Sony panel.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works! But I do think the Sony is a better TV. That's not to say the Samsung is bad, I just find the panel a bit softer.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply David

ha ha I had a funny feeling myself that you would choose the Sony over the Samsung. What price do you offer the Sony at? Just seems the Samsung colours are nearly too bright? Plus I would need a sound bar too. 

What models of the sony would you recommend or really whats the best TV for my budget I have 1k roughly to spend

Cheers

Ken

Hi 

Cheers in Advance
    Hi kod12,

Kind regards

David

ha ha I had a funny feeling myself that you would choose the Sony over the Samsung. What price do you offer the Sony at? Just seems the Samsung colours are nearly too bright? Plus I would need a sound bar too. 

What models of the sony would you recommend or really whats the best TV for my budget I have 1k roughly to spend

Cheers

Ken
    Hi Ken,

I mainly notice it on skin tones, the Sony's colour is a good bit more natural, the Samsung looks a bit brighter and almost too vibrant.

The XD8599 is £999 plus £6.99 shipping. There is also a 55XD8005 at £849 but the refresh rate is 400Hz as opposed to the 1000Hz of the XD8599 and the panel isn't quite as good in terms of colour and dealing with motion. Were there any soundbars you'd had your eye on?

Kind regards

David

Hi 

Cheers in Advance
    Hi kod12,

Kind regards

David

Cheers

Ken
    Hi Ken,

I mainly notice it on skin tones, the Sony's colour is a good bit more natural, the Samsung looks a bit brighter and almost too vibrant.

The XD8599 is £999 plus £6.99 shipping. There is also a 55XD8005 at £849 but the refresh rate is 400Hz as opposed to the 1000Hz of the XD8599 and the panel isn't quite as good in terms of colour and dealing with motion. Were there any soundbars you'd had your eye on?

Kind regards

David
    Ye i noticed the Same on that swell colours just seemed more warmer. What would that price be in EUR? I have harmon Kardon sound sticks so if this has a headphone jack i would be ok for a sound bar. In terms of other TVs in its league for the same price is your reccomenedaation the Sony? or do the panasonics compare at all for around the 1k mark? Whats the upscaling comparison like on the Sony and for sports? Cheers for the quick reply

Hi 

Cheers in Advance
    Hi kod12,

Kind regards

David

Cheers

Ken
    Hi Ken,

Kind regards

David
    Ye i noticed the Same on that swell colours just seemed more warmer. What would that price be in EUR? I have harmon Kardon sound sticks so if this has a headphone jack i would be ok for a sound bar. In terms of other TVs in its league for the same price is your reccomenedaation the Sony? or do the panasonics compare at all for around the 1k mark? Whats the upscaling comparison like on the Sony and for sports? Cheers for the quick reply
    No problem, we've been watching the rugby in store on the Sony and it holds together very well, the motion processing is better than a lot in its class. On any TV the upscaling is really dependent on the original source so Standard def will still look similar but with a better colour range (as I say i find the Sony a little sharper anyway) but in 1080p and 4K the picture is fantastic.

In Euro you would be looking 1249 including shipping and a free 6 year guarantee.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

No problem, we've been watching the rugby in store on the Sony and it holds together very well, the motion processing is better than a lot in its class. On any TV the upscaling is really dependent on the original source so Standard def will still look similar but with a better colour range (as I say i find the Sony a little sharper anyway) but in 1080p and 4K the picture is fantastic.

In Euro you would be looking 1249 including shipping and a free 6 year guarantee.

Kind regards

David

Can you deliver the Samsung to the republic?

Cheers

Kind regards

David

Cheers
    Hey Kod12.

Unfortunately the 55KS7000 is an in-store only collect and can not be shipped.

We just had a fellow boardie travel to the store this morning to pick one up the last one in stock here at the store.

Stock however is running very very very low at our main warehouse also as the replacements have already hit the shelves.

Kind regards

David

Cheers
    Hey Kod12.

We just had a fellow boardie travel to the store this morning to pick one up the last one in stock here at the store.

Stock however is running very very very low at our main warehouse also as the replacements have already hit the shelves.
    No Worries at all I heard they are all sold out now thanks anyway. Question for you I have a set of harmon Kardon soundsticks with only a 3.5mm headphone jack attached but my TV has optical only. I have bought cheap convertors from amazon and it doesn't work being able to control the TV sound from the TV remote.

Is there any way round this or other convertors available that you would stock to solve this?

Thanks in Advance

Kind regards

David

Cheers
    Hey Kod12.

No Worries at all I heard they are all sold out now thanks anyway. Question for you I have a set of harmon Kardon soundsticks with only a 3.5mm headphone jack attached but my TV has optical only. I have bought cheap convertors from amazon and it doesn't work being able to control the TV sound from the TV remote.

Is there any way round this or other convertors available that you would stock to solve this?

Thanks in Advance
    Hi Kod12.

Does the TV remote control the volume of the TV if the converter is not connected or does it not control the TV at all?

It is also possible that the TV speakers switch off when outputting via optical. This could be checked in the TV manual or maybe even in the audio setting in the TV.
    Depending on the TV sometimes there are options to switch these on and off.

The Harmon has a 3.5mm input so you should be going 3.5mm - 2phono cable from your converter to the Harmon and optical to the TV.

This type of cable
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10537-aud100-35mm-1m-phono.aspx

Not sure which brand your converter is. We stock the CYP digital to analogue converter priced at £37.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12519-aud3-192.aspx

Volume is then controlled by the Harmon Kardon.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know.

Ah perfect thanks for the help. I got one convertor but it just gave me a constant sound I couldn't change this. On my old TV I was able to control the volume on the Harmon Kardons with the TV remote. The only volume setting on the sound sticks in the baas boost

• Advertisement

Ah perfect thanks for the help. I got one convertor but it just gave me a constant sound I couldn't change this. On my old TV I was able to control the volume on the Harmon Kardons with the TV remote. The only volume setting on the sound sticks in the baas boost
    Hey Kod12.

They are volume controls on the soundsticks as well as a mute button.

These are located on one of the speakers as a + and -

Just to confirm it is the soundsticks III? The clear see through one?

Hey Kod12.

Ah sorry you are correct thanks for the reply. Yes They are the clear see through ones. One convertor I tried just gives a single line of sound cant change it at all. Do you have anything as a soundbar alternative that would be like the soundsticks just with an optical or HDMI ARC output on it?

Hey Kod12.

Ah sorry you are correct thanks for the reply. Yes They are the clear see through ones. One convertor I tried just gives a single line of sound cant change it at all. Do you have anything as a soundbar alternative that would be like the soundsticks just with an optical or HDMI ARC output on it?
    Hi Kod12,

Unfortunately I wouldn't have any soundbars that are stereo speakers, to go down that route I would look at a pair of active speakers like the Tibo Plus 3 at £199 which have an optical input. For a good soundbar with ARC I would recommend the Cambridge TVB2 which is a single thin soundbar and comes with a wireless subwoofer. This unit is £299.95.

Kind regards

David

Hi I was just wondering whats my best soundbar alternative. I have a Samsung ue49ks7000 and don't want a soundbar to take up the whole front of the tv. what alternatives do you stock or recommend

Thanks in advance

Hi I was just wondering whats my best soundbar alternative. I have a Samsung ue49ks7000 and don't want a soundbar to take up the whole front of the tv. what alternatives do you stock or recommend

Thanks in advance
    Hey Kob12.

The Cambridge mentioned above is a very slimline soundbar. Most others are pretty large in comparison.

I think the gap between the bottom of the Tv and the surface it is set on is about 6.5cm. This would make the Cambridge sit above this.

There is the Yamaha ATS1050 priced at £199.00 which would fit in front on the screen and not block the bottom of it.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202281-ats1050.aspx

The Sonos Playbase would also just about fit under it at 5.8cm, however it does cost £699
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202553-black-318792.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.