Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone is locked to 3 but they have no record at all of the IMEI and cannot unlock it

Options
  • 04-04-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone 6 which was paid for in full upfront but they still locked it to their network.

I now wish to change to another network but the phone is not accepting simcards from other networks. I rang 3 yesterday and they have no record at all of the IMEI number and therefore cannot submit an unlock code.

The call went on for quite a while and the person on the phone was trying to be helpful but she simply could not find the number on any of their systems.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Was the phone ever replaced under warranty by Apple ?

That happened to me with Vodafone but they were able to sort it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Same Happened to me when phone was replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I got an email confirmation from Three about 2 minutes after posting this saying they couldn't find the device, and then almost immediately after that another email saying Apple have unlocked my device.

I need to test but looks ok.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

John_Mc wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 6 which was paid for in full upfront but they still locked it to their network.

I now wish to change to another network but the phone is not accepting simcards from other networks. I rang 3 yesterday and they have no record at all of the IMEI number and therefore cannot submit an unlock code.

The call went on for quite a while and the person on the phone was trying to be helpful but she simply could not find the number on any of their systems.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks

Buying from 3, no matter what you paid, it was going to be locked to 3. On 3Pay you have to top up by €130, and on contract see out the full term.

Advertisement